i am trying to decide between the pixel 6 and iphone 13 pro. and while the pixel wins for me in most categories (i am a long time android user), the iphone has one feature i love: the settings i change on the camera stay changed. on my pixel: if i adjust exposure, leave the camera, and return my settings will have reset. i know i can change the camera app on my home screen of course. but can i change the camera that opens when i press the side button twice??

thank you!
    11-22-2021 08:39 PM
    What settings are you changing that aren't staying changed? I just did a quick test on my Pixel 6 Pro and made one change -- setting the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. After I exited and turned the screen off, I quick-opened the camera with a double-press of the Power button and it was still set to 16:9.
    11-22-2021 11:05 PM
    Do you mean the exposure settings when you are framing a shot. Also it is the same camera app when you press twice from the power button as opening from the app icon.
    11-23-2021 04:30 AM
    What settings are you changing that aren't staying changed? I just did a quick test on my Pixel 6 Pro and made one change -- setting the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. After I exited and turned the screen off, I quick-opened the camera with a double-press of the Power button and it was still set to 16:9.
    exposure settings...i am coming from LGs which had a "manual camera" option in the cameras. i used that one primarily and i almost always had it set a third to a half a stop below normal. most phone pictures look too bright to me. anyway if i change the exposure on my pixel 6 using the poorly designed slider and exit the camera app it will have reset by the time i return. it isn't a huge deal. i can always fix it in post. but if i could simply change the camera that would likely solve my problem. i think i'll have to learn to tap a different icon on the home screen and use a camera app. but as you've said in my other thread i might (or will?) lose all of google's photo tech.
    11-23-2021 10:58 AM
    Oh, I see -- yes, the exposure settings reset for me as well. I don't think you can change the default camera when double-pressing the Power button any more, but try installing a 3rd party camera app, then Reset App Preferences in the system settings. Now double-press the Power button -- does it ask you to select a camera to complete the action?
    11-23-2021 12:28 PM
    exposure settings...i am coming from LGs which had a "manual camera" option in the cameras. i used that one primarily and i almost always had it set a third to a half a stop below normal. most phone pictures look too bright to me. anyway if i change the exposure on my pixel 6 using the poorly designed slider and exit the camera app it will have reset by the time i return. it isn't a huge deal. i can always fix it in post. but if i could simply change the camera that would likely solve my problem. i think i'll have to learn to tap a different icon on the home screen and use a camera app. but as you've said in my other thread i might (or will?) lose all of google's photo tech.
    I'm in the same predicament as you. I really miss having full manual control. Best thing I have found is "Manual Camera" on the play store. It works really well on my Pixel 5. It will give you full, and I mean full, manual control. I'm interested to see how the P6 series camera does in manual mode. Please let us know how it goes.
    11-23-2021 07:46 PM
    I'm in the same predicament as you. I really miss having full manual control. Best thing I have found is "Manual Camera" on the play store. It works really well on my Pixel 5. It will give you full, and I mean full, manual control. I'm interested to see how the P6 series camera does in manual mode. Please let us know how it goes.
    i will. thank you! i downloaded footej camera last week. it keeps the exposure setting where i last left it. but i've mostly been trying the iphone this week since that's entirely new to me. today will be all pixel 6!
    beantownsouth likes this.
    11-24-2021 09:33 AM
    If you have an adobe lightroom subscription there is a camera function in the app. You can adjust iso, shutter and a lot of other variables.

Best... Steve
    oh yes thank you i do have an adobe sub! i had LR on the iphone i was trying out this week. i need to add it to this pixel. thanks for the reminder!
    11-25-2021 09:36 PM