Messages Text/Chat Bug

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's a Pixel 6/Pro or bigger bug, but I have Chat on in Messages and can reply with emoji when I long press a few other users with the feature. I can usually long press others to copy or delete a specific text with any user in any thread, but when I tried this morning it wouldn't let me select a non-Chat user's text at all, and then when I went to a Chat message it wouldn't work there either until I backed out of the app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Testing it just now, I found that a few times, long-pressing didn't do anything -- but if I tapped the message a couple of times (which toggles the date/time stamp), then long-pressed again, the message would select.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Testing it just now, I found that a few times, long-pressing didn't do anything -- but if I tapped the message a couple of times (which toggles the date/time stamp), then long-pressed again, the message would select.

Yeah it seems to come and go. Maybe it's related to changes coming for the reactions with iMessage? Only noticed it after the latest update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae