Hi guys, I noticed on my new P6P that there is a little in and out movement when the cable is plugged into the USB port. It clicks in nicely and feels perfect, but I'm not sure that the in and out movement is normal. Anyone else notice this?
    11-26-2021 11:13 AM
    Not on mine. Have you already tried different cables?
    11-26-2021 12:55 PM
    Not on mine. Have you already tried different cables?
    No but I'll investigate that a little more later. Thanks for your reply.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-26-2021 12:58 PM
    I wonder if that's what I'm experiencing, regarding Android Auto not always connecting. I use a USB to USB-c cord to connect my 6Pro to my vehicle. If I move the cord a little Android Auto disconnects. I want to find a different cable. Any recommendations for a very good cable brand?
    11-26-2021 01:19 PM
    I tried some other cables and all have a little in and out movement. I even got out some old retired devices to try. My original pixel 1 clicks in nicely and also moves in and out a bit as does my wife's Galaxy S9. I think it's normal. Some are likely more noticeable than others but it seems that the "clicky" feeling USBC ports all exhibit this characteristic (the pixel 1 and my wife's S9 both have the clicky feeling when you plug it in too). My pixel 3 has a more mushy less clicky tactile feel to it but has no movement at all when plugged in. Tommorow it's off to Best buy to do some USB C port testing. Lol
    11-26-2021 06:38 PM
    I doubt it as the movement doesn't cause a loss of connection (i think it's Normal, or at least acceptable actually). As far as cable's I don't have a recommendation really as any decent cable should be fine. Maybe Anker?
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-26-2021 06:39 PM
    Yes, I always buy Anker braided cables because they last a long time. If you are experiencing connection issues sometimes it's the cable and not the port itself.
    kmf1 and Ranjen617 like this.
    11-26-2021 08:18 PM
    How does the connection feel with your included USBC cable?
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-26-2021 08:37 PM
    Included cable is snug. I'll compare that to what's in my car tomorrow. Thanks, brosko.
    brosko likes this.
    11-26-2021 10:51 PM
    I wonder if that's what I'm experiencing, regarding Android Auto not always connecting. I use a USB to USB-c cord to connect my 6Pro to my vehicle. If I move the cord a little Android Auto disconnects. I want to find a different cable. Any recommendations for a very good cable brand?
    I had that happen a bunch with my Note10 and it gets quite frustrating. I thought it was the phone, because it appeared to happen with multiple cables. Then I plugged my Pixel 6 in and it continued to happen. I went and bought this cable, and so far it's been fine https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU7011223 (my options were a bit limited because I like a shorter cable--1.5 foot is preferable for me but this one had a 1-foot option is the next best option)

Somewhere I read that Android Auto works better with USB 3.0, though, and I don't think the above cable is. The only 3.0 referenced is the charging. Maybe it's just a coincidence that my new cable is working so far, and it could give me issues in the long run, but I thought I'd share--particularly if you like a shorter cable like me for Android Auto).
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-27-2021 10:05 AM
    I've been using the one from my old pixel 4 XL it's snug no issues ..
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-27-2021 11:02 AM
    I tried some other cables and all have a little in and out movement. I even got out some old retired devices to try. My original pixel 1 clicks in nicely and also moves in and out a bit as does my wife's Galaxy S9. I think it's normal. Some are likely more noticeable than others but it seems that the "clicky" feeling USBC ports all exhibit this characteristic (the pixel 1 and my wife's S9 both have the clicky feeling when you plug it in too). My pixel 3 has a more mushy less clicky tactile feel to it but has no movement at all when plugged in. Tommorow it's off to Best buy to do some USB C port testing. Lol
    Well, I went to Best buy today to do some investigating. The one at best buy had the same play in and out after clicking in the USB port as mine does. So, I guess it's normal.

As with every product produced I'm sure there is some deviation from device to device as to how much play is present, but generally I think it's a normal characteristic for the these particular USB ports google used on the pixel 6 series.
    11-27-2021 03:21 PM