"In Depth Tech Reviews" compares the Tensor chip against the iphone A14 Bionic chip.

dmxjago likes this.
    11-28-2021 06:41 AM
    He talks quick.

But interesting. Still trying to get at the almost 3K photos taken; good to check for heat and battery usage; however, even with my Nikon DSLR 850s, I'm not sure if I have ever did a burst of more than 50 frames?

It does look like the Pixel held its own. Would like to see the same test against the Bionic 15.
    11-28-2021 07:27 AM
    He talks quick.

But interesting. Still trying to get at the almost 3K photos taken; good to check for heat and battery usage; however, even with my Nikon DSLR 850s, I'm not sure if I have ever did a burst of more than 50 frames?

It does look like the Pixel held its own. Would like to see the same test against the Bionic 15.
    I don't think you should look.
    11-28-2021 10:47 AM
    Look at what?????????????

So, that was a link...did not realize that due to the black line.

I already knew the Bionic would wipe the Tensor in straight out speed tests, heck it does a good job beating the snapdragon 888 and Apple is correct when advertising the Bionic 15 is the fastest chip. However, speed is not always the answer.
    And under this, I just posted another test between a iphone 13 and a pro, and yes, the iphone wins, but not by much. and considering the pixel is 200 less not a bad shot. Especially for a newly designed chip.
    Smokeaire01 likes this.
    11-28-2021 11:54 AM
    Here's an interesting test between the iPhone 13 and the Pro...13 wins but not by much considering in out-and-out speed test the 15 chip basically wipes up the Tensor. But it does go to show, more than speed to a chip...
    Smokeaire01 likes this.
    11-28-2021 03:19 PM
    Look at what?????????????

So, that was a link...did not realize that due to the black line.

I already knew the Bionic would wipe the Tensor in straight out speed tests, heck it does a good job beating the snapdragon 888 and Apple is correct when advertising the Bionic 15 is the fastest chip. However, speed is not always the answer.
    And under this, I just posted another test between a iphone 13 and a pro, and yes, the iphone wins, but not by much. and considering the pixel is 200 less not a bad shot. Especially for a newly designed chip.
    I definitely looked at this phone as Google's 1st gen beta chip, beta phone, and I paid to sign on as a beta tester. The Pixel 6 line is still a work in progress. I'm looking forward to see how these phones evolve and improve over the year. Paper specs say nothing about real life in the hand use and chip processing and operating system integration.
    11-28-2021 04:08 PM
    I definitely looked at this phone as Google's 1st gen beta chip, beta phone, and I paid to sign on as a beta tester. The Pixel 6 line is still a work in progress. I'm looking forward to see how these phones evolve and improve over the year. Paper specs say nothing about real life in the hand use and chip processing and operating system integration.
    Then you have artificial intelligence and machine learning I think Google has a edge here
    Smokeaire01 likes this.
    11-28-2021 04:15 PM
    Then you have artificial intelligence and machine learning I think Google has a edge hear
    Absolutely! We should see big leaps in that arena in the upcoming year if we haven't already seen some great and useful leaps.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-28-2021 04:35 PM
    Absolutely! We should big leaps in that arena in the upcoming year if we haven't already seen some great and useful leaps.
    Yeah definitely, Google making their own chips is only going get better in future Google phones .
    Smokeaire01 and brosko like this.
    11-28-2021 04:37 PM