Future Pixel 6 commercial

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It will show a father with a very cute kid, on a very beautiful day reaching to get Pixel 6 to capture a special moment on camera. But the father will be messing with the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone/and misses the moment on camera. The mother will be there, on the side with her Pixel 4a 5g saying "don't worry, I got the shot with my old phone".

The father is still messing with the Pixel 6 trying to turn it on. Cursing he says yeah, "can you believe this, it's 2021 and I can't reliably open my phone . I wish I had a better phone..."

This is a real story. Happened several times.

Can't wait for the commercial.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Lucky for me I literally have no issues, and after the small update it became quicker. Also, you don't need a finger print sensor to take a photo or video bc all you have to do is double tap the power button to launch the camera, snap or record no password required so uhmmm yeah.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hah, that's funny.:p I agree with dmxjago, though -- I use the Power button double-press all the time, it's a great shortcut. My wife finally realized she could do that on her Pixel 5 as well and it was a total revelation.:)

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hah, that's funny.:p I agree with dmxjago, though -- I use the Power button double-press all the time, it's a great shortcut. My wife finally realized she could do that on her Pixel 5 as well and it was a total revelation.:)
Yeah I've been doing it since it was made available in the earlier pixel devices. Works great, definitely give it a try if you are experiencing issues with the sensor. Rumors we might get face unlock soon so that could potentially help.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It will show a father with a very cute kid, on a very beautiful day reaching to get Pixel 6 to capture a special moment on camera. But the father will be messing with the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone/and misses the moment on camera. The mother will be there, on the side with her Pixel 4a 5g saying "don't worry, I got the shot with my old phone".

The father is still messing with the Pixel 6 trying to turn it on. Cursing he says yeah, "can you believe this, it's 2021 and I can't reliably open my phone . I wish I had a better phone..."

I have zero issues with the fingerprint unlock. I believe you haven't properly registered your finger, or are not placing it in the right location. There's no logical reason that it works fine for most of us, yet a few constantly complain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have zero issues with the fingerprint unlock. I believe you haven't properly registered your finger, or are not placing it in the right location. There's no logical reason that it works fine for most of us, yet a few constantly complain.

I rarely have issues with my sensor either, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Google had some issues with problematic sensors in some of their units.

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Lucky for me I literally have no issues, and after the small update it became quicker. Also, you don't need a finger print sensor to take a photo or video bc all you have to do is double tap the power button to launch the camera, snap or record no password required so uhmmm yeah.

Um yeah....make excuses , work arounds, double click the power button, NO, I just want my finger print sensor to work every time. It does not work well in sunlight. If you have just had a shower , forget it. IT'S A DOWNGRADE GUYS...I won't be the only one to miss photo ops, read everywhere about people complaining. I believe the last i read said ATROCIOUS.

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

I have registered my fingerprints 5, maybe 10 different times. It's nothing to do with me. But I agree, why are some constantly complaining. Should I ask for a new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Um yeah....make excuses , work arounds, double click the power button, NO, I just want my finger print sensor to work every time. It does not work well in sunlight. If you have just had a shower , forget it. IT'S A DOWNGRADE GUYS...I won't be the only one to miss photo ops, read everywhere about people complaining. I believe the last i read said ATROCIOUS.

Not making excuses for myself here, because fortunately my sensor works well. I also find the double-press of the Power button a really convenient shortcut, so I don't really consider it a workaround. Interestingly, I also find that the optical fingerprint sensor works better for wet fingers compared to the capacitative sensor on my Pixel 3 XL or 3a XL -- on those phones, if my finger was the least bit moist, it had trouble reading.

I'm not trying to downplay your issue with the fingerprint sensor in general -- my response was specifically about getting the camera to open quick and easy.

It's not a bad idea to have a chat with Pixel Support about this -- who knows, they might agree to send you a replacement!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Yup, that's what I've always used on my P3!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Logical reason COULD be defective hardware on some devices? Just saying. Most likely it's in the way you register the print like you said though.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Why doesn't the father use double press power button to launch the camera or maybe double tap on the back to open the camera or open the camera using the shortcuts on the lockscreen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why doesn't the father use double press power button to launch the camera or maybe double tap on the back to open the camera or open the camera using the shortcuts on the lockscreen

OP's point is that their fingerprint sensor generally doesn't work that well.:-\

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Its a legit complaint, and more widespread than a random bit of bad kit. On my Pixel 5 with that fingerprint sensor on the back I've never had an issue. But this is new tech, especially for Google. They'll improve it on current models with software updates and future models will have better hardware components. But I don't think folks should be freaking out to this extent. If its SUCH a big deal, then use a workaround like a shortcut. Double-pressing the power button to launch the camera doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice to fix such an earth-shaking issue. Especially if its a temporary solution until Google issues a fix that works for everybody.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It will show a father with a very cute kid, on a very beautiful day.............

When registering your fingerprints make sure to turn your finger in all directions, I'd even go as far as to do a couple upside down!!

I have been broken in on this "issue" because I've recently came from the Galaxy Note Series.. My fp reader works flawlessly! Sure, I get misses sometimes when I think it shouldn't have. Not enough to write home about though!

If you're having trouble and haven't yet tried this, what's one more going to hurt??

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I do not have a Pixel 6...yet. However, if I had this problem with the FPS, the phone would be returned and in all likelihood, I would head over to another phone and move on. Personally, the reason Google went with a optical is due to cost, an ultrasonic is notably better but more expensive. If it works great, if not, it's an easy return and time to move on.
As for the double tap on the power button, that is not a workaround for the Pixel 6 since I have it on my Pixel 4XL, so it has been in use for a couple years.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Swipe up, pin or pattern and keep it moving. Not a big deal.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
So return it and move on. No phone fits everyone's needs. Go find one that does.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not have a Pixel 6...yet. However, if I had this problem with the FPS, the phone would be returned and in all likelihood, I would head over to another phone and move on. Personally, the reason Google went with a optical is due to cost, an ultrasonic is notably better but more expensive. If it works great, if not, it's an easy return and time to move on.
As for the double tap on the power button, that is not a workaround for the Pixel 6 since I have it on my Pixel 4XL, so it has been in use for a couple years.

I had it on my 3XL. It isn't a workaround. It's how the camera works. It's simply the fastest way to get to a Pixel camera. Period. I thought everyone used their camera this way.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I never had issues with the FPS when I first got it and now I am struggling most times. I end up using my PIN sometimes. I never did receive the interim update and I have been checking most days for it. The only update I had was the first one when I set it up. On another note I double press the power button or tap the back of my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2