Anyone know how to fix this? My auto rotate is not working in any app or camera.

I downloaded an app to check the sensors including the accelerometer & it shows everything is working. I've restarted & shut off my phone & still nothing.

I'm hoping I don't have to send this phone back to Google to get it replaced under warranty...
    11-30-2021 04:12 PM
    If you haven't already just make sure you have "auto-rotate screen" set to "ON' under the settings>display.
    11-30-2021 04:23 PM
    Also see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../2852139?hl=en
    11-30-2021 04:35 PM
    So I tried everything & nothing worked. Checked Reddit and apparently this problem is happening to multiple people...

After reading multiple comments...I came across a ridiculous comment stating to trying doing a couple '8' formations in the air and bring the phone down to a flat surface with a decent amount of force....

oddly enough it worked! this is absolutely bizzare from Google...looks like this phone will be going back as this certainly seems like a hardware issue.
    bkdodger2 and B. Diddy like this.
    11-30-2021 07:30 PM
    So I tried everything & nothing worked. Checked Reddit and apparently this problem is happening to multiple people...

After reading multiple comments...I came across a ridiculous comment stating to trying doing a couple '8' formations in the air and bring the phone down to a flat surface with a decent amount of force....

oddly enough it worked! this is absolutely bizzare from Google...looks like this phone will be going back as this certainly seems like a hardware issue.
    I've remembered having to do the figure eights I think for maps maybe... But I've done it on previous phones. Not for the rotation but for location or something
    11-30-2021 07:59 PM
    I've remembered having to do the figure eights I think for maps maybe... But I've done it on previous phones. Not for the rotation but for location or something
    So do you think this is a hardware issue or something that could potentially be fixed with a software update?
    11-30-2021 08:18 PM
    So do you think this is a hardware issue or something that could potentially be fixed with a software update?
    I don't think it's a hardware issue...software if it continues I'd go the reset mode after the next update if still present
    11-30-2021 08:25 PM
    Long press auto rotate in the pull down notification panel make sure battery save mode mode not on and maybe enable face detectionAccelerometer not working-screenshot_20211201-004433.jpg
    12-01-2021 12:46 AM
    Long press auto rotate in the pull down notification panel make sure battery save mode mode not on and maybe enable face detectionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211201-004433.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	339436
    Yeah tried all that & nothing seems to fix it. Looks like it's an issue which may be fixed with a future software update otherwise I'm afraid this is a hardware issue.
    12-01-2021 02:04 AM
    Yeah tried all that & nothing seems to fix it. Looks like it's an issue which may be fixed with a future software update otherwise I'm afraid this is a hardware issue.
    Yeah possibly, one last thing you dont mess with developer settings do you?
    Quick tile ones , where turn sensors off ?Accelerometer not working-screenshot_20211201-020815.jpg
    12-01-2021 02:10 AM
    Yeah possibly, one last thing you dont mess with developer settings do you?
    Quick tile ones , where turn sensors off ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211201-020815.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	339439
    Nope I have never played around with any developer settings... infact, I've never even gone into developer mode.
    12-01-2021 02:12 AM
    Nope I have never played around with any developer settings... infact, I've never even gone into developer mode.
    Ok , had to ask.
    12-01-2021 02:13 AM

I have had to do the figure 8 in the air "training" for my old G4 as well.
    12-01-2021 08:45 AM
    My original Pixel just had this exact issue after updating apps from the Play Store.... so I factory reset it and problem solved, UNTIL I updated a majority (38) of the same apps again after the reset. What fixed the problem was resetting the app preferences for all apps, by going into the apps settings>all apps>3 dots upper right>reset all app preferences. I'm going on memory here though, that was on Android 10 so the directions might not be exact, but they should get you there.... I hope it helps someone

I also wanted to add my double tap to wake and lift to wake weren't working either... but resetting all app preferences fixed those as well.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-01-2021 11:08 PM
    Oh God, not this sensor issue again - I was hoping 6 was immune from that. On my 3XL, I had no sensors for over 2 years - no auto-rotate, no extra camera modes, no compass, no functioning gestures. With the update to 12, suddenly all sensors worked. There was a relatively large group of us with sensor issues and at least 3 ignored threads on the Google support site despite numerous posts by my similarly-suffering compatriots. I really hate to hear this news. but with my 3XL finally working as it originally did, I might hold off on the 6 for a while or altogether.
    12-02-2021 11:46 AM
    Figure eight movement was a way to reset or calibrate the compass on a phone.
    12-02-2021 12:05 PM
    Oh God, not this sensor issue again - I was hoping 6 was immune from that. On my 3XL, I had no sensors for over 2 years - no auto-rotate, no extra camera modes, no compass, no functioning gestures. With the update to 12, suddenly all sensors worked. There was a relatively large group of us with sensor issues and at least 3 ignored threads on the Google support site despite numerous posts by my similarly-suffering compatriots. I really hate to hear this news. but with my 3XL finally working as it originally did, I might hold off on the 6 for a while or altogether.
    Well at least that shows it's not a hardware problem. I'm hoping Google fixes this issue with a future OS update.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-02-2021 07:20 PM