Animation settings in developer options

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Is there a benefit to reducing the animation scale/settings on the p6p, similarly to what I always did with my Samsung phones? If I recall I saw a story about it having a negative effect on Google assistant, but I was curious if anyone else has changed this setting and what their results were.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I leave my animation settings at the default. My 6 Pro is very fast. I don't see any need to speed it up.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I personally don't like to see the animations...I agree in the old days you sped the phone up a little .. nowadays most phones are fluid and snappy ...but just don't like to see them I'm one I like to just go in and out no extra movements...

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Is there a benefit to reducing the animation scale/settings on the p6p, similarly to what I always did with my Samsung phones? If I recall I saw a story about it having a negative effect on Google assistant, but I was curious if anyone else has changed this setting and what their results were.

If you remove them completely then some things like the loading spinning circles will become jittery or won't show at all. I personally keep mine at .5 which keeps everything feeling snappy and functioning correctly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Turning animation down on Android 12 has been known to break a few things, like the fingerprint sensor or having the keyboard appear immediately when bringing up the system settings search function.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Turning animation down on Android 12 has been known to break a few things, like the fingerprint sensor or having the keyboard appear immediately when bringing up the system settings search function.

Don't know about the keyboard impact, but my understanding is that if you turn animations off (0), it doesn't cause any issues for fingerprint sensor issues (as opposed to just turning them down).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A big misconception about this is that it somehow increases the phone's performance. In reality, it's more like adjusting the playback speed while watching a movie. Watching at 2x speed gets you through the movie faster, but doesn't increase the processing power of the player.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A big misconception about this is that it somehow increases the phone's performance. In reality, it's more like adjusting the playback speed while watching a movie. Watching at 2x speed gets you through the movie faster, but doesn't increase the processing power of the player.
It worked great for devices with lower resource but today phones with 8+ ram 90-120hz no need .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888