Any apps do edge lighting?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've used his app for my Samsung and OnePlus phones. Always has worked well, lots of customization and updates frequently, adding features and updates.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok just set this up. One concern, it seems to require that lock screen display is always on - showing time etc... I tried turning on always on lock screen on Pixel 2 and it cut my battery life in half and turned it off after a few days.

Maybe Pixel 6 uses less battery with lock screen on. I do like it on because i like seeing time on phone with phone screen off.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting, if you are willing to pay, that allows AOD to appear to be off even though it's technically on. I paid. It has a nice side effect in that I can FP unlock when the screen is dark.

ETA Sorry for the blurry pic. The app seems to have trouble with my uploads. Also, using this setting seems to mitigate any AOD battery drain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-150545.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-150545.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 15

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok just set this up. One concern, it seems to require that lock screen display is always on - showing time etc... I tried turning on always on lock screen on Pixel 2 and it cut my battery life in half and turned it off after a few days.

Maybe Pixel 6 uses less battery with lock screen on. I do like it on because i like seeing time on phone with phone screen off.
Yes you are correct, although you can choose to either not display AOD or only display it when you get a notification. Either one of these options is only negligible if any imo.