Since we have curved screens now, any apps that take advantage of the curve for edge lighting?
    12-06-2021 01:03 AM
    This one can use either the ring around the front camera or the edges as a notification light. It's in the Play Store even though the link looks ridiculous.

Notification light / LED for Pixel - aodNotify

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=YGn91vEc
    paradroid and strikeIII like this.
    12-06-2021 05:33 AM
    This one can use either the ring around the front camera or the edges as a notification light. It's in the Play Store even though the link looks ridiculous.

Notification light / LED for Pixel - aodNotify

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=pqu6U4XV
    This looks cool. Just installed it and will see how it goes. Thanks.
    Blaize19 likes this.
    12-06-2021 12:21 PM
    I've used his app for my Samsung and OnePlus phones. Always has worked well, lots of customization and updates frequently, adding features and updates.
    Blaize19 and bkdodger2 like this.
    12-06-2021 02:55 PM
    Ok just set this up. One concern, it seems to require that lock screen display is always on - showing time etc... I tried turning on always on lock screen on Pixel 2 and it cut my battery life in half and turned it off after a few days.

Maybe Pixel 6 uses less battery with lock screen on. I do like it on because i like seeing time on phone with phone screen off.
    12-07-2021 02:10 PM
    There is a setting, if you are willing to pay, that allows AOD to appear to be off even though it's technically on. I paid. It has a nice side effect in that I can FP unlock when the screen is dark.

ETA Sorry for the blurry pic. The app seems to have trouble with my uploads. Also, using this setting seems to mitigate any AOD battery drain.
    Attached Thumbnails Any apps do edge lighting?-screenshot_20211207-150545.jpg  
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    12-07-2021 04:06 PM
    Ok just set this up. One concern, it seems to require that lock screen display is always on - showing time etc... I tried turning on always on lock screen on Pixel 2 and it cut my battery life in half and turned it off after a few days.

Maybe Pixel 6 uses less battery with lock screen on. I do like it on because i like seeing time on phone with phone screen off.
    Yes you are correct, although you can choose to either not display AOD or only display it when you get a notification. Either one of these options is only negligible if any imo.
    12-07-2021 05:02 PM