Where to purchase a 6Pro, Google Store, Best Buy, or Verizon?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Given all three places seem to be the same price for a Pixel 6 Pro, where is the best place to buy a new phone, given Return Policy, additional insurance options, and follow up Tech Support (which I'm sure I will need)?

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I've always had good luck with Best buy - PLUS - they have stores where you can go and talk to a person and not spend half a day pressing 1 - then 3 - then 4 - then you get the picture. But Best Buy doesn't always have the phones.

Verizon also has stores - same as Best Buy - if you are a Verizon customer I'd suggest starting there.

After my recent experience with the Google Store I would not recommend it.

JMO

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I've always had good luck with Best buy - PLUS - they have stores where you can go and talk to a person and not spend half a day pressing 1 - then 3 - then 4 - then you get the picture. But Best Buy doesn't always have the phones.

Verizon also has stores - same as Best Buy - if you are a Verizon customer I'd suggest starting there.

After my recent experience with the Google Store I would not recommend it.

JMO

Thanks, ezdoit!
Verizon Customer Service over the phone has gotten horrific lately, my last two calls to find out what happened to the extra data I purchases were 2 hours of total frustration! However, there is a Verizon retail store not far from me, much closer than Best Buy. Does BB offer Tech Support or is it going to be through Verizon, since they're the carrier? What are the BB extra Insurance plans like compared to Verizon?

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Thanks, ezdoit!
Verizon Customer Service over the phone has gotten horrific lately, my last two calls to find out what happened to the extra data I purchases were 2 hours of total frustration! However, there is a Verizon retail store not far from me, much closer than Best Buy. Does BB offer Tech Support or is it going to be through Verizon, since they're the carrier? What are the BB extra Insurance plans like compared to Verizon?

I'd suggest you check in your local area - not sure all things are the same in all places. I've never used any BB Tech Support with any of my purchases - their return policy is great.

Take a trip to the VZW store and see what they have to offer.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I went through all 3 before ultimately getting it from Google. I wouldn't recommend the customer service of any of the 3 either. My only determination was that Google had it available within a week whereas the others claimed backorders out to January.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at a Pixel 6 (not Pro) with 128 GB and the options I'm seeing are BestBuy, Verizon, Amazon, and Google Store.

BestBuy has limited color choices, Stormy Black, Sorta Seafoam, and Kinda Coral, and according to their website there are no stores with 250 miles of me (Minneapolis) that have them in stock. Delivery is not available. Unlocked version. Price is $599.

Verizon has limited color choices, only Stormy Black and Sorta Seafoam, and there are 2 stores where I can pick it up. I presume this is the Verizon version. Price is $699.

Amazon has it in Stormy Black. Price is $599. Can't get it before Christmas though.

Google Store has Stormy Black, Sorta Seafoam, and Kinda Coral, and the unlocked version is $599.

Seems like it's Google Store for the win.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
In reading all the issues with the Pixel 6/Pro, it looks like waiting is actually a GOOD thing. By the time I get off my butt, supply may start to catch up, and some of the many glitches I keep reading about will be finally sorted out with a Software Update :).

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
In reading all the issues with the Pixel 6/Pro, it looks like waiting is actually a GOOD thing. By the time I get off my butt, supply may start to catch up, and some of the many glitches I keep reading about will be finally sorted out with a Software Update :).

Finally able to order a 6P 128GB Black from Best Buy yesterday - due here tomorrow.

I'm hoping the latest update will make the 6P my new BPF

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I ordered mine straight from Google about a month ago. They changed my credit card today with an EDD of 12/17-18/2021

I can't wait to get my hands on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech