Pixel communication with iOS

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey y’all.

Long time iPhone user here ready to make the switch permanently. A year ago did make the switch to Samsung s20, amazing phone but it brings me to the reason of my post. My wife and other family have iPhones. 3 days into having the Samsung she sent me a few pictures and a video of my three kids playing and it looked like it was from a iPhone 4, just looked pixelated and dreadful which made me go back to an iPhone because I wouldn’t be able to deal with that for 2 years.

I was wondering would I have the same issues if I get a pixel 6 and receive pictures/videos from iPhones? That’s a huge deal breaker for me. Everything else iMessage, FaceTime, etc I can live without. How are your guys experience using this phone and communicating with iOS users via MMS texts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, videos sent from iPhones to any Android phone via the text messaging app will be pixelated, because it will have to fall back to MMS (which has severe restrictions on attached filesizes). Android devices that support RCS chat can send videos to each other just like iPhones, but of course Apple doesn't support RCS, because Apple.:-\

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you will have this issue from iPhone to any Android phone. You either have to use a different messaging platform that's cross compatible or use Google Photos.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Exactly same as above statements. If I know I'm sending something to the Android side, I usually create a link from my Google account for the person to view the video the way it's intended as one of the benefits of iPhone to iPhone quick messaging without having to think about it, especially when you have your family using iPhones.. I don't use WhatsApp but maybe also that might be an option of sharing others might know best about the quality

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Exactly same as above statements. If I know I'm sending something to the Android side, I usually create a link from my Google account for the person to view the video the way it's intended as one of the benefits of iPhone to iPhone quick messaging without having to think about it, especially when you have your family using iPhones.. I don't use WhatsApp but maybe also that might be an option of sharing others might know best about the quality

Well that sucks. iPhone it is I guess smh

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Damn it. One thing I don’t want to do is complicate such a simple thing by downloading other apps or creating links. Ugh. iPhone forever I guess.
That's how they want to keep you. Luckily for me those I communicate with most all use Android. My work colleagues get upset because I'm the only one without an iPhone, but of course that's their problem not mine lol.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you have plenty of vids ? Thinking with family sharing could somehow all view shared content on one account ...

I mean it’s the random vids or pics we’ll send to each other if we take family pics with one our our phones we send it to each other. Or sending kids vids Or pictures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is something I'm sure Apple could solve easily, but has no incentive to. One of the reasons why I'm really not a fan of that company.:(

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
This is something I'm sure Apple could solve easily, but has no incentive to. One of the reasons why I'm really not a fan of that company.:(

It’s because they have the market by the balls. So many people spend thousands of dollars on their watches, over priced average quality laptops. The iPhone is the only Apple product in my household and that’s simply because of the kids like I stated above. They force your hand. This sucks.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I mean it’s the random vids or pics we’ll send to each other if we take family pics with one our our phones we send it to each other. Or sending kids vids Or pictures.
I got ya ..I take my pics on my Android phone which automatically backup to my Google photos .. I'm also signed in Google photos on my iPhone so I share to my iPhone friends that way without losing quality ..you could have the whole family signed into one Google photos account and photos saving automatically so all can view ..just a thought

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
My daughter and granddaughters (who are iPhone people) text me photos and videos constantly, and they are not pixelated, and work fine on my Pixels and my Chromebook.

I have no idea what your problem is, but I have not seen it.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My daughter and granddaughters (who are iPhone people) text me photos and videos constantly, and they are not pixelated, and work fine on my Pixels and my Chromebook.

What? How lol the guys above convinced me otherwise. What pixel do you have? Which iPhones do they have if you know?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
When I finish work I'm going to record a video on my iPhone and send it by text to my pixel and then you will see the quality difference. Not only that, but also the size when you send it over messenger directly...

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
When I finish work I'm going to record a video on my iPhone and send it by text to my pixel and then you will see the quality difference. Not only that, but also the size when you send it over messenger directly...

Thank you! Appreciate it. Keep me posted

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Either they're sending it through an app not actually MMS, or you have poor eyesight and can't tell...