Sonos wins patent lawsuit, Pixel phones and other Google devices face sales ban

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
That could help me in trying to figure out if I will eventually get a Pixel or move on to another brand.
8dxmNMq.gif

But on a more serious note; if Google did what is implied in the document, then they need to get a licensing agreement and pay. And one article will never explain all the accusations and proof that has been shown in courts so I'll sit back and not really care. (Does remind me of the google vs. Apple suits from years ago.)

And I doubt if Biden will stop sales of products in the USA, since he probably has no idea what a Pixel phone is (and I am not saying that politically, but people in his position normally do not even carry a cell phone, an aide does) and seems to note Google a lot (in the browser world anyway) and probably more favorably for keeping google product then killing a brand. But I can see a solution eventually coming forward where google will pay, Sonos will get a big check and all will go away happy, one richer, one poorer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think this will affect the end user in any obvious way. Google will figure something out -- either a software modification that won't infringe on the patent, or a license agreement with Sonos (probably a last resort). Presidential veto is a Hail Mary, but you never know.