robotic voice calls

justins24

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing calls You make or receive via Bluetooth that the person sounds robotic or very scratchy and you have to hang up and call them again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, still trying to clarify here -- is it one set of earbuds, or multiple different earbuds? The reason I'm asking is to try to narrow the issue down -- if it's only one set of earbuds, then it's probably an issue with that pair. If it's multiple earbuds, then the issue is probably with the phone's Bluetooth connection.

justins24

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, still trying to clarify here -- is it one set of earbuds, or multiple different earbuds? The reason I'm asking is to try to narrow the issue down -- if it's only one set of earbuds, then it's probably an issue with that pair. If it's multiple earbuds, then the issue is probably with the phone's Bluetooth connection.

I used my sony xh750 cans, my sony xm400 buds and my car and my brother's car

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing calls You make or receive via Bluetooth that the person sounds robotic or very scratchy and you have to hang up and call them again?
Yes, I have experienced this a few times with different earbuds.. it seems to me I notice if I'm in Wi-Fi and then I leave the area and get to LTE then the call start sounding robotic and the only way to get off of it is by putting the phone on speaker and then toggling it back on to Bluetooth

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Based on bkdodger2's experience, it may be helpful to test the phone with Wi-fi Calling turned off, in case this is a problem that is related to the handoff from wi-fi to mobile calling.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me occasionally, can't recall if BT or phone speaker. It's also happened on my wife's car BT while talking to our son, using wifi calling, both using IPhones. These are the scenarios I'm aware of. We're all on T-Mobile.

Last edited:

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times since Android 12 update on my Pixel 4XL. Wi-Fi calling is not possible; however, it is usually on HD (LTE) vs. the standard cell network. A few times, it is while walking so for sure standard cell network.
But one thing, it is always on BT; either a Moto or my Samsung ear buds+.
Next time, I'll do the shuffle to speaker then back to BT to see if that works; if possible.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep, happens quite frequently with more than one BT headset and also on a friend's BT headset when we're talking (she also has a P6P and we're both on Verizon). I discovered that, as mentioned by @bkdodger2 that toggling to speaker and back to BT fixes it every time.

When I first noticed it on setup day or maybe a day or two later back in the second week of November, I thought it was the network, so I would end the call and then call back which seemed to fix it. Then it kept seemingly randomly happening and I discovered it was BT related and came up with the idea of toggling it to speaker and back to fix it.

For me, it seems it usually always happens when I have a notification make a sound while I'm on the call and then I sound like a robot to the other person. But not always; sometimes it just randomly does it. I've never used wifi calling and neither has my friend so it seems to be specifically a BT issue. It never happens when I'm not using a BT headset and talking on the phone.

Hopefully, Google will fix it since it's very obviously a widely spread issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, happens quite frequently with more than one BT headset and also on a friend's BT headset when we're talking (she also has a P6P and we're both on Verizon). I discovered that, as mentioned by @bkdodger2 that toggling to speaker and back to BT fixes it every time.

When I first noticed it on setup day or maybe a day or two later back in the second week of November, I thought it was the network, so I would end the call and then call back which seemed to fix it. Then it kept seemingly randomly happening and I discovered it was BT related and came up with the idea of toggling it to speaker and back to fix it.

For me, it seems it usually always happens when I have a notification make a sound while I'm on the call and then I sound like a robot to the other person. But not always; sometimes it just randomly does it. I've never used wifi calling and neither has my friend so it seems to be specifically a BT issue. It never happens when I'm not using a BT headset and talking on the phone.

I noticed that with pixel buds on November security but when I sideload December it went away lol crazy .

atil can

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site

Hi Mate, I have the exactly same problem with my vivo phone where when I talk with my friends via my car. When I have a conversation, at one point, they tell me that the voice gets robotic. If I switch the sound output to phone and switch back to car or I hang up and call again, the robotic voice is gone.

I am very curious if you found a solution to this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome