Android Messages and iMessage reactions

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The reactions work with other Pixels. Is that common knowledge? GF and friend have Pixel 3s and I can do reactions to only their messages. This has worked for a while.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This article from November say Messages version 10.7 has started rolling out with the feature, and a couple in the comments said it works for them.

https://9to5google.com/2021/11/19/google-messages-imessage-reaction-emoji/

I have the latest Play Store version:

version 10.7.461 (10.7.460_RC01.phone_dynamic)

������

Yera, I've been waiting since I saw that article and similar in November but still nada. I kept checking for app updates to see if the feature was going to be enabled, but I've given up on it at this point.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the beta version and cleared app data, etc. Just waiting for an iPhone user to react to a message. But I don't want to encourage them. :)

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The reactions work with other Pixels. Is that common knowledge? GF and friend have Pixel 3s and I can do reactions to only their messages. This has worked for a while.

Looks like you all have RCS/chat enabled, which is a good thing. I only have two Android contacts with it. We can only do reactions if everyone else in the conversation is using RCS.

Unlike Apple, where they enabled the reactions in the iPhone even for regular SMS messages. Pretty arrogant, IMO.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you all have RCS/chat enabled, which is a good thing. I only have two Android contacts with it. We can only do reactions if everyone else in the conversation is using RCS.

Unlike Apple, where they enabled the reactions in the iPhone even for regular SMS messages. Pretty arrogant, IMO.

Why is it arrogant? If they didn't enable it 85% of the iPhone owners likely wouldn't even know it was a setting and the iPhoners would be in the same boat we are in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15