Pixel Stand 2 "Realign phone for faster charging"

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the Pixel Stand 2 getting this message constantly? I put the phone on the charger, get the red text saying to realign phone, I take it off and put it on again dead centre, same message. Sometimes when I put it on the charger it doesn't show it's charging at all and thinks its off the charge.

I've tried the following:

- Taking off the case
- Restarting the phone
- Removing the charger from blutooth and then syncing it again
- Pulling the plug on the charger and putting it in again

Nothing seems to work. I can't stop this message showing up. I already have extremely slow charging because I'm on the November update (and you need the December update for fast wireless charging for some reason) and now I'm constantly trying to reposition the phone on the charger for the message to go away but it won't.

It's becoming so inconvenient that I'm currently just using the USB C charger. For a device this expensive ($79 USD!!), it has become so, so frustrating to use.

Did anyone have this issue and manage to fix/resolve it?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the Pixel Stand 2 getting this message constantly? I put the phone on the charger, get the red text saying to realign phone, I take it off and put it on again dead centre, same message. Sometimes when I put it on the charger it doesn't show it's charging at all and thinks its off the charge.

- Taking off the case
- Restarting the phone

Nothing seems to work. I can't stop this message showing up. I already have extremely slow charging because I'm on the November update (and you need the December update for fast wireless charging for some reason) and now I'm constantly trying to reposition the phone on the charger for the message to go away but it won't.

It's becoming so inconvenient that I'm currently just using the USB C charger. For a device this expensive ($79 USD!!), it has become so, so frustrating to use.

I took delivery of my Pixel Stand 2 on December 17th. I've had my Pixel 6 Pro since November 29th. I'm still on the November update. I use my Stand every day and I've never seen this message. My Stand will charge my Pixel 6 Pro in essentially the same amount of time as my wired Pixel 30 watt charger. While charging, the fan on my Stand will also run. My Stand sits beside my Windows 11 Pro Asus ZenBook UX582 computer and my phone is placed on my Stand multiple times a day. My Stand Charging Mode is "Optimized". Screen off when dark is OFF. Do Not Disturb while docked is ON. My Pixel 6 Pro is in a Bellroy black leather case.

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I took delivery of my Pixel Stand 2 on December 17th. I've had my Pixel 6 Pro since November 29th. I'm still on the November update. I use my Stand every day and I've never seen this message. My Stand will charge my Pixel 6 Pro in essentially the same amount of time as my wired Pixel 30 watt charger. While charging, the fan on my Stand will also run. My Stand sits beside my Windows 11 Pro Asus ZenBook UX582 computer and my phone is placed on my Stand multiple times a day. My Pixel 6 Pro is in a Bellroy black leather case.

If you're still on the November update, then you can't get fast wireless charging on the Pixel Stand 2. The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro can only fast wireless charge on the Pixel Stand 2 (21W and 23W respectively) when the December patch is installed, so you cannot be getting fast wireless charge right now.

Either your 30W wired charger is busted and is charging as slow as the Pixel Stand 2, or you have the December patch installed, because it's not possible to get fast wireless charging on the Pixel 6 Pro while on the November patch.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're still on the November update, then you can't get fast wireless charging on the Pixel Stand 2. The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro can only fast wireless charge on the Pixel Stand 2 (21W and 23W respectively) when the December patch is installed, so you cannot be getting fast wireless charge right now.

Either your 30W wired charger is busted and is charging as slow as the Pixel Stand 2, or you have the December patch installed, because it's not possible to get fast wireless charging on the Pixel 6 Pro while on the November patch.

I can only tell you what I'm experiencing.

I also use my 30 Watt charger on other devices and it is working so I don't think it's broken. When I connect my phone to the 30 Watt charger the message appears on the bottom telling me how long until fully charged. When I move my phone to the Stand the message stays the same or is within a few minutes of the message when on the 30 Watt charger.

My Fan definitely runs. I can hear it if I put my ear close to the Stand and I can feel the air flow at the bottom front.

Settings > System > System update = Android security update: November 5, 2021.

Is it possible that my Stand 2 was shipped with updated software/firmware?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can only tell you what I'm experiencing.

I also use my 30 Watt charger on other devices and it is working so I don't think it's broken. When I connect my phone to the 30 Watt charger the message appears on the bottom telling me how long until fully charged. When I move my phone to the Stand the message stays the same or is within a few minutes of the message when on the 30 Watt charger.

My Fan definitely runs. I can hear it if I put my ear close to the Stand and I can feel the air flow at the bottom front.

Settings > System > System update = Android security update: November 5, 2021.

Is it possible that my Stand 2 was shipped with updated software/firmware?

No it's not possible. It's not the Pixel Stand 2 that needs the update, it's the Pixel 6/6 Pro phone that needs the December update. Without the update, your phone is not fast charge wirelessly - it's not happening.

You're probably getting the slow wireless charge and think it's the fast charge, which is quite funny because it takes 3+ or so hours to charge on the slow wireless charge.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No it's not possible. It's not the Pixel Stand 2 that needs the update, it's the Pixel 6/6 Pro phone that needs the December update. Without the update, your phone is not fast charge wirelessly - it's not happening.

You're probably getting the slow wireless charge and think it's the fast charge, which is quite funny because it takes 3+ or so hours to charge on the slow wireless charge.

I seldom let my phone go below ~50% charge and the charge time on both the wired charger and the Stand when at ~50% will be close to 2 hours. Is the December update required for both the wired charger and the Stand to do fast charging?

However, the fan on my Stand does periodically run. And I definitely have never seen the warning message that you are getting.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

- Taking off the case
- Restarting the phone

I have 2 and use them both daily. I've never seen that Message. Also there's definitely no way you're getting 23w wireless charging on the November update. I'm on the 11/5 update and it charges much slower than the 30w Google charging brick.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Seen this a couple of times with the OG pixel stand. Took it off, locked/unlocked phone and was good to go each time...

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm still getting this message even after the January update. I've tried removing the device from Connected Devices and then synced the phone/charger again. Tried starting phone, tried disconnecting/reconnecting charger. I've been lining up the phone perfectly with the charger:

PS1.jpg
PS2.jpg
PS3.jpg

What else am I supposed to do? Is my Pixel Stand 2 defective?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Re: Pixel Stand 2 "Realign phone for faster charging"

I'm still getting this message even after the January update. I've tried removing the device from Connected Devices and then synced the phone/charger again. Tried starting phone, tried disconnecting/reconnecting charger. I've been lining up the phone perfectly with the charger:

View attachment 340517
View attachment 340518
View attachment 340519

What else am I supposed to do? Is my Pixel Stand 2 defective?
Did you try clearing the app data on the Pixel stand reboot and then starting again?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I've tried clearing storage and cache on Pixel Stand in Settings -> Apps -> All Apps

That's weird. For all of the little bugs and annoyances that this phone brings with it, I've never seen that message with either of my 2 pixel stand 2 chargers. It's probably defective I would think?

Last edited:

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

Same message when I put it on the stand without a case. I only have this type of case (official Pixel 6 Pro case 'Stormy Sky').
And my last question for you sir, have you plugged it in a different outlet different area?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

And my last question for you sir, have you plugged it in a different outlet different area?

I just tried what you suggested - plugged it into a different wall socket, but still get the same message.

Here's the message without the case & Pixel Stand 2 plugged into a different wall socket:

PS4.jpg
PS5.jpg
PS6.jpg

I don't know what else to do. I might just go back to Google and ask for a refund, but seeing as I'm outside the 2 week return window, I doubt I'll get it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I just tried what you suggested - plugged it into a different wall socket, but still get the same message.

Here's the message without the case & Pixel Stand 2 plugged into a different wall socket:

View attachment 340520
View attachment 340521
View attachment 340522

I don't know what else to do. I might just go back to Google and ask for a refund, but seeing as I'm outside the 2 week return window, I doubt I'll get it.

What about getting a warranty replacement?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

What about getting a warranty replacement?

Yeah good point, might as well give it a shot. Seeing as people in this thread have never seen the message, and I'm getting it I'd say 80% of the time I put the phone on the charger, must be something with my charger that's defective.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 340520
View attachment 340521
View attachment 340522

Have you tried to shift the phone up and down on the charger (and hold it in various positions) to maybe see 1: If the message goes away and 2: possibly confirming/meaning that the charging coil or something has shifted inside the charger? A long shot , but might as well experiment with that; the physical location on the charger up and down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995