Has the Dec/Jan update made a difference??

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I updated my Pixel 6, getting both months at the same time. I guess I wasn’t having that many problems, as I don’t see much difference ( I enjoyed the phone before and still do now ).

Just wondering if anyone can share what if anything has changed on your phone ( or if the updates failed to fix your issues).

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you -- really didn't notice any big problems with my 6 Pro before the Jan update, and after the update it's still awesome.;)

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Ditto i was one of the people who had 0 issues with my device so for me it's running. Basically the same as before.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here. My pixel 6 Pro was just as good before the update as it is after the update. I would buy it again without hesitation.

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Having some issues with the adaptive brightness display option. The screen gets lighter and darker by itself. Yes I can turn it off; and sometimes I turn it off and on and it works properly for a while. Anyone else? Thanks.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having the inaccurate keyboard issues, but I do not know if that is a P6, Android 12, or gboard. Signal is a bit better. The fingerprint reader is faster now (not what i'd like, but better). I have not had to reboot to get the system level translation to work so that is a big improvement. I'd say it is about a 7 out of 10 for fixing the things that were annoying me.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having the inaccurate keyboard issues, but I do not know if that is a P6, Android 12, or gboard. Signal is a bit better. The fingerprint reader is faster now (not what i'd like, but better). I have not had to reboot to get the system level translation to work so that is a big improvement. I'd say it is about a 7 out of 10 for fixing the things that were annoying me.

This^^^

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The FPS on the AOD doesn't always respond. Not that it doesn't recognize my finger. More like, there's nothing there. No flash, no vibration, nothing. The issue is intermittent.

On the bright side, auto-rotate appears to be fixed.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My couple of minor bugs appear to be fixed. It's not nearly as hot when fast charging and my battery life is improved. It no longer gives haptic feedback if I run my hand up the side. I wasn't really having any other issues. Occasional app freezes was really the only other thing I can think of but it was so infrequent I have no idea if it's been fixed since it hasn't happened in a while.

I was happy with my P6P before and and am happy with it now. Would buy again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith