Pixel 6 is 2nd best phone of 2021 IMO

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is my 3rd pixel 6. None of them have had hardware issues for the record but first time having the phone, I was struggling with the fingerprint sensor so bad that I sold it after a week. Second time around was better but still issues here and there so got rid of it again. 3rd time was a few days ago when the update came out and now I'm home. For $599 this is absolutely the best bang for buck no contest. To me the S21 Ultra is the best of 2021 but this is second. Now that they've fixed a lot of the issues I can easily recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone without having to break the bank. Can't speak much about the 6 pro but this 6 is fire.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I love spec sheet wars, where folks hurl numbers at one another like the gods launching thunderbolts from Mount Olympus.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Let's forget the spec sheets. If we use our eyes and ears it is apparent that the pixel 6 shows how much cheaper it is than the S21 ultra. Can't speak to the pro.

I'm wondering how many S21 ultras the OP bought lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let's forget the spec sheets. If we use our eyes and ears it is apparent that the pixel 6 shows how much cheaper it is than the S21 ultra. Can't speak to the pro.

The pro is up there with all other high end phones

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

The pro does run less than the S21Ultra and that is for a good reason, the innards are not up to the same standards. The Tensor is not proven and the modem for sure is not proven for use in the USA. Externally, it is a lot better looking (personal opinion...best looking phone made in years)to the S21, and love the camera module. But, not time tested; just yet.

And when it is working correctly, the Pixel UI is the best (personal opinion again). But UIs are easy to work with and learn, been through Motos, LGs, Pixels, etc. and have learned each one in a short period of time.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The pro does run less than the S21Ultra and that is for a good reason, the innards are not up to the same standards. The Tensor is not proven and the modem for sure is not proven for use in the USA. Externally, it is a lot better looking (personal opinion...best looking phone made in years)to the S21, and love the camera module. But, not time tested; just yet.

And when it is working correctly, the Pixel UI is the best (personal opinion again). But UIs are easy to work with and learn, been through Motos, LGs, Pixels, etc. and have learned each one in a short period of time.

Being British, the modem is the same in both for me, but the display and speakers are much worse on the pixel.

The pixel 6 is definitely a nicer design. Although I prefer matte to glossy.

As you say, it's personal taste, but the pixel UI is dog water. Those quick settings are awful... It's weird, but one UI is so much better. Except the 90s signal indicators lol.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Being British, the modem is the same in both for me, but the display and speakers are much worse on the pixel.

The pixel 6 is definitely a nicer design. Although I prefer matte to glossy.

As you say, it's personal taste, but the pixel UI is dog water. Those quick settings are awful... It's weird, but one UI is so much better. Except the 90s signal indicators lol.

Some of the pixel UI is *** backwards. Having extra steps just to turn on wifi is so freaking stupid, why did they think that it was a good idea is beyond me. I definitely prefer One UI 4

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess we're just ranking android phones.

Am I supposed to feel good about being number two when the competition is dead.

I had the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra for a few days and it was amazing and would've kept it if The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't put the Pixel 6 or 6 Pro up near the Galaxy S21 Ultra. The S21U is substantially better in many ways, both in hardware and in software.

I'm glad Samsung didn't implement Android 12 similar to go the Pixel did, because there are some truly awful design decisions that make accessing functions unnecessarily bloated. Add to the plethora of serious bugs the Pixel 6 has had and the very slow response from Google to address them, I don't think you can put the Pixels on the Galaxy phones level at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I guess we're just ranking android phones.

Am I supposed to feel good about being number two when the competition is dead.

I had the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra for a few days and it was amazing and would've kept it if The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't put the Pixel 6 or 6 Pro up near the Galaxy S21 Ultra. The S21U is substantially better in many ways, both in hardware and in software.

I'm glad Samsung didn't implement Android 12 similar to go the Pixel did, because there are some truly awful design decisions that make accessing functions unnecessarily bloated. Add to the plethora of serious bugs the Pixel 6 has had and the very slow response from Google to address them, I don't think you can put the Pixels on the Galaxy phones level at all.

I had the SGS21U and the only advantage it has over my GP6P is the long camera lens. What about call screen, direct my call, and hold for me? Those are either non-existent or no match against the GP6P. What about Bixby annoyingly begging for attention every time you talk to the SGS21U? What about how horrible Bixby off the rip? You talk about one little extra button press to hit wifi, but completely ignore all of the duplicate apps made by Sammy that mimic the superior Google apps? What about Sammy pay and always having to enter your fingerprint when you should be able to just tap and go? You only need to hit your fps once with Google pay on the pixel, but you have to hit it twice with Sammy. The SGS21U is heavy and difficult to manage with one hand. The UI definitely lags. What about setting a timer using the Google clock app and Sammy rarely sounds the alarm when the time is up? I know I know, use the Sammy clock, but I like the Google clock ten times better. I don't need 20 different options on a Sammy clock to set a timer. What about having to give 50 different shady vendors your credit card information just to buy 50 simple themes because the included wallpapers are complete trash? Shall I go on? Heck, the Sammy screen is barely better than the one on the GP6P. When it comes to the stereo speakers, the Sammy sounds tinny.

The GP6P post January update provides a significantly better UX than Sammy.

But, here's what I really don't like about Sammy fans, they literally base their self worth on owning a Sammy device. They have fragile egos and suffer from little brother\big brother syndrome vs the iPhone users.

sundry

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I had the SGS21U and the only advantage it has over my GP6P is the long camera lens. What about call screen, direct my call, and hold for me? Those are either non-existent or no match against the GP6P. What about Bixby annoyingly begging for attention every time you talk to the SGS21U? What about how horrible Bixby off the rip? You talk about one little extra button press to hit wifi, but completely ignore all of the duplicate apps made by Sammy that mimic the superior Google apps? What about Sammy pay and always having to enter your fingerprint when you should be able to just tap and go? You only need to hit your fps once with Google pay on the pixel, but you have to hit it twice with Sammy. The SGS21U is heavy and difficult to manage with one hand. The UI definitely lags. What about setting a timer using the Google clock app and Sammy rarely sounds the alarm when the time is up? I know I know, use the Sammy clock, but I like the Google clock ten times better. I don't need 20 different options on a Sammy clock to set a timer. What about having to give 50 different shady vendors your credit card information just to buy 50 simple themes because the included wallpapers are complete trash? Shall I go on? Heck, the Sammy screen is barely better than the one on the GP6P. When it comes to the stereo speakers, the Sammy sounds tinny.

The GP6P post January update provides a significantly better UX than Sammy.

But, here's what I really don't like about Sammy fans, they literally base their self worth on owning a Sammy device. They have fragile egos and suffer from little brother\big brother syndrome vs the iPhone users.

That's a little "CHILLY"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney