Where's Call Screening Settings?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to be available in Australia, but I wonder if Vodafone doesn't support it (kind of like how Verizon messes around with some phone features in favor of their own). Try contacting Vodafone support and see if they can tell you.

Tried my wife's Telstra sim card (a different carrier in Australia), restarted the phone and still have the same settings. I think it might just not be fully rolled out in Australia.

Call screening still works, I can screen any call that comes through and it has the voice transcript etc. I just don't have access to those extra settings.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried my wife's Telstra sim card (a different carrier in Australia), restarted the phone and still have the same settings. I think it might just not be fully rolled out in Australia.

Call screening still works, I can screen any call that comes through and it has the voice transcript etc. I just don't have access to those extra settings.

The phone is a separate app. When you are using the phone are you looking at the phone settings while actually using the phone app?

Click on the phone icon. Then click on the hamburger 3-dot menu. Then choose "Settings".

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The phone is a separate app. When you are using the phone are you looking at the phone settings while actually using the phone app?

Click on the phone icon. Then click on the hamburger 3-dot menu. Then choose "Settings".

Yeah that's what I'm doing in the phone app, pressing the three dot menu, settings, them call screen and all I have is the screenshot I posted above.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
But with all the options mentioned above in this thread?

Yeah, not sure, I assume so. I was trying to see if there were any country-specific limitations on spam detection. I can't find any evidence of that.

Hate to think it's a country or carrier-specific P6 issue but can't eliminate that just yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'd be helpful to hear from anyone else on Vodafone Australia to see if they have Google's full Call Screening. I still wonder if it's a carrier thing.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It'd be helpful to hear from anyone else on Vodafone Australia to see if they have Google's full Call Screening. I still wonder if it's a carrier thing.

Don't think so. I also tried with a Telstra sim card and Kizzy Catwoman is from the UK and has the same options I do. So don't think it's a carrier thing. Must be a regional thing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it apparently is regional. Automatic call screening is where you see the different call categories to have screened automatically, and that's only available in the US.

The UK, Australia and several other countries only have manual call screening, where you have to decide whether or not to screen a given call as they are received.

https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/9118387?hl=en

Aha! Thanks for sharing that link. I was searching for something like that, but couldn't find that particular article.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it apparently is regional. Automatic call screening is where you see the different call categories to have screened automatically, and that's only available in the US.

The UK, Australia and several other countries only have manual call screening, where you have to decide whether or not to screen a given call as they are received.

https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/9118387?hl=en
Yeah that's what i remember hearing about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox