Pixel Stand (gen 2) and cases - how is it working for you?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought my stand was charging slowly (15-20 min to go from 80% to 81%, then 81% to 82%). I took my thin case off and tried again. No case. Much faster. This is the Spigen Thin Fit case. Plastic back. The official Google case seems to be fine charging almost as fast as no case.

I'm just surprised how much the Spigen case interferes with this fancy new charger. Never have one of my thin cases cause so much resistance.

I am curious what your experience is with cases and the 2nd gen Pixel Stand? What case do you have? Does it slow down significantly? Does it not?

(my Pixel 6 Pro is updated to the Jan patch)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm recalling that you were planning on a warranty claim. Is it being processed?

I have contacted Google. The person on the chat asked me to a bunch of things like desyncing then resyncing, factory reset etc, which I did and still got the issues. So now it's being escalated, so just waiting for a response.

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Now I lean toward blaming the back "plate" on the Spigen case. I am pretty sure it's plastic but it is thicker. It would never make me think it would affect a wireless charger though. Another mysterious anomaly in my Android world.

I appreciate the responses, thanks!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a two-piece Incipio case. Hard plastic outer shell with a flexible rubber-like inner shell. No problems charging. Once, there was a message to realign, but only once. I use the Stand 2 daily.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
According to Chrome Unboxed there's a pretty epic deal on the original Pixel stand going on. $29. In case any dissatisfied Pixel Stand 2 owners are ready for a change.

Already bought it yesterday. Good deal. :)

Also - following up - trying different cases, charging from different base battery percentages, my 2nd gen stand does charge quickly in the Spigen case when the phone is depleted below 50%. Fits with what we know about how this phone charges.

If I put it on the charger at 80%, it does go much more slowly but it's not as bad as when I first posted this thread. Maybe the stand saw this post and felt bad. I don't know why it works better than before.

Rather than another $79 stand, I bought the original one on Woot for my bedroom.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the unlocked P6Pro purchased rm Google store with 2nd Gen Pixel stand Spigen thin fit. No issues charging at all. Nice and fast.

with that said ., switched to the Lattercase (carbon) because Spigen thin felt too thick. No charging issues with either case.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I thought my stand was charging slowly (15-20 min to go from 80% to 81%, then 81% to 82%). I took my thin case off and tried again. No case. Much faster. This is the Spigen Thin Fit case. Plastic back. The official Google case seems to be fine charging almost as fast as no case.

I'm just surprised how much the Spigen case interferes with this fancy new charger. Never have one of my thin cases cause so much resistance.

I am curious what your experience is with cases and the 2nd gen Pixel Stand? What case do you have? Does it slow down significantly? Does it not?

(my Pixel 6 Pro is updated to the Jan patch)
If you are talking about 80% and above specifically, do you have Adaptive charging turned ON? If so, it is a good feature. My phone charges rapidly until 80%. From 80 onwards, it charges upto 100 till my morning Alarm sounds. I have it on my Gen 2 charger.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking about 80% and above specifically, do you have Adaptive charging turned ON? If so, it is a good feature. My phone charges rapidly until 80%. From 80 onwards, it charges upto 100 till my morning Alarm sounds. I have it on my Gen 2 charger.

I do have adaptive charging turned on so my overnight charges are easier on the battery. I plug in overnight though, not wireless. I'm sure it applies the same rules whether you are charging wirelessly or wired.

I did decide to leave the Pixel stand set to maximum charging and it seems to be charging more as I would expect. I only use the stand (v2) for middle of day top-offs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang