Two P6Pro phones on same network but different updates and other stuff

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my P6Pro on first round of orders several months ago. My friend got hers maybe earlier this month. We are both unlocked from Google. Both running on AT&T network.

I religiously check my phone for updates every day. She gave me her phone the other night to "do my thing" and sure enough her phone had no updates.

I did all the updates and she was then on the December security patch but January play update. Now, Im still on December play update no matter how many times I check. I dont understand why her phone would get it and mine didnt.

Second, while both were sitting on the table, in the same brand case, my phone had one less bar of signal the entire time. Again, we are both unlocked from Google on AT&T. This was really frustrating.

Has anyone else noticed either one of these situations with other P6P's in their hands?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would never rely on the accuracy of the signal strength on the phone even for identical phones sitting next to each other. For more accuracy download an app like Cellmonitor. To actually see the signal strength in dBm (decibels per milliwatt).

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I would never rely on the accuracy of the signal strength on the phone even for identical phones sitting next to each other. For more accuracy download an app like Cellmonitor. To actually see the signal strength in dBm (decibels per milliwatt).

Fair point

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Play system updates go out in a rolling fashion, so they don't necessarily hit every device at the same time.

Remrose

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Maybe it's like water taking longer to boil if you watch it. LOL. In same boat, I check updates regularly and went from November play update to December this week but not January. Why. even checked after reading above messages...no update.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
To reiterate what has been said …… bars are meaningless nonsense.

Get an app which displays real signal strength, or look under Settings>About phone>SIM status.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's like water taking longer to boil if you watch it. LOL. In same boat, I check updates regularly and went from November play update to December this week but not January. Why. even checked after reading above messages...no update.

My 6 Pro is still on the December Google Play system update (but the January security patch).