My pixel 6 and the keyboard are lagging. I have turned the phone on and off again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled gboard. I have done a soft and hard reset and it's still terribly slow to the point I can't type messages as it keeps zooming in on the keyboard. Has anyone else had this issue?
    02-23-2022 07:41 AM
    No. I haven't. When did this start happening to you?

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-2022 08:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../2852139?hl=en. Have you already tried clearing the app cache/data for Gboard in Settings>Apps‚Äč?
    02-28-2022 03:16 PM
    My pixel 6 and the keyboard are lagging. I have turned the phone on and off again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled gboard. I have done a soft and hard reset and it's still terribly slow to the point I can't type messages as it keeps zooming in on the keyboard. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Did you ever find a resolution? Having same issue.
    05-04-2022 10:10 AM
    Did you ever find a resolution? Having same issue.
    Welcome to AC !

They never registered to confirm, are you on May security patch ?
    toniomadsma likes this.
    05-04-2022 10:16 AM
    I am; still having same issue. Closed all running apps, deleted saved text messages (this used to work when I had this issue on previous models), system reset recently completed, at 32% memory capacity, don't have a lot of apps installed
    05-04-2022 01:02 PM
    Thanks so much for your reply! Have the security patch. May have solved the prob tho by turning off magnification under accessibility. Fingers crossed this takes care of it!
    mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    05-04-2022 01:24 PM
    Thanks so much for your reply! Have the security patch. May have solved the prob tho by turning off magnification under accessibility. Fingers crossed this takes care of it!
    Thats great
    05-04-2022 03:02 PM
    Keep us posted on what happens!
    05-04-2022 06:05 PM
    I had the same problem, the fix seems to be simple.. This lagging only happens when the screen magnifier is in the small box mode. Open the magnifier and select the whole page setting in the bottom right of the screen.

You should find that this fixes the lag, it did for me
    09-03-2022 04:01 AM
    I had the same problem, the fix seems to be simple.. This lagging only happens when the screen magnifier is in the small box mode. Open the magnifier and select the whole page setting in the bottom right of the screen.

You should find that this fixes the lag, it did for me
    Welcome to Android Central. and thanks for the tip!
    09-03-2022 02:39 PM
    I had the same problem with Gboard and Swift. Completely turning off magnification in accessibility solved the problem.(just switching to full screen magnification did not help)

However I really like to be able to magnify the screen. Any ideas how to do this without accessibility magnification?

p.s.
    Turning off magnification made my pixel6 a lot snappier! Wow

I wonder if this is a known bug?
    11-14-2022 08:42 PM
    Hello,
    Try updating the phone and also clear the keyboard cache and data.
    Boot your device in safe mode and find the culprit behind it, then simply uninstall the third-party apps.
    Wipe cache partition.
    01-06-2023 07:24 AM
    Hello,
    Try updating the phone and also clear the keyboard cache and data.
    Boot your device in safe mode and find the culprit behind it, then simply uninstall the third-party apps.
    Wipe cache partition.
    FYI, you can't wipe the cache partition on Pixels (or any other phones that utilize dual A/B partitions).

Thanks for your other suggestions, though!
    01-06-2023 08:44 AM