Hello, everyone!

My trusty Pixel 5 is experiencing battery issues and other glitches and I may have to upgrade earlier than expected. I'm saddened about this but at least it means I may be able to get a new phone!

Has anyone made the jump from the Pixel 5 to the 6 Pro? I've heard great things about the Pixel 6 line. Usually I would go for the smaller Pixel but I want to take advantage of the camera and battery specs this time around. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    05-17-2022 07:24 PM
    I did and I have been happy with the upgrade. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade. The battery had been pretty great for me.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2022 07:29 PM
    Sorry to hear that , any warranty or insurance?
    The pixel 5 was great/solid phone, but I like the bigger 6 pro.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2022 07:42 PM
    You try the usual, safe mode or factory reset?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2022 07:45 PM
    I'm very happy with my Pixel6, the amount I would use the telephoto lens didn't warrant the extra cost for me. Also I like the size of the non pro better. Battery is lasting me a good day and a half with moderate use.
    Morty2264 and mustang7757 like this.
    05-17-2022 07:47 PM
    Sorry to hear about your Pixel 5, that's a bummer. What a solid phone at a great size for many people. Good luck on whatever you decide to get. I love my Pixel 6 and have no major issues.
    mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    05-17-2022 07:50 PM
    Love my pixel 6 Pro. Just got home from, off the charger at 430 AM, 8 PM down to 68 percent. Wireless charging works on an old charger I had when I had my Nexus 6 through my case (Supcase Unicorn Beetle) no issues with anything.
    mustang7757, ezdoit and Morty2264 like this.
    05-17-2022 08:10 PM
    I recently moved to a Pixel 6 Pro from a Pixel 5, a device with which I was perfectly satisfied except for the fact that I was running out of storage space. I've reported my experience and impressions with a series of messages posted in the "So far I'm very happy" thread on this board, so I won't repeat the details here. Suffice it to say that aside from one minor glitch -- an occasional failure of the Lift to Wake and Tap to Wake functions, requiring me to push the power button to open the lock screen -- which I expect will likely be resolved with an update from Google in the near future, the Pixel 6 Pro has been just as smooth and reliable and enjoyable to use as my Pixel 5. To me, transitioning to the Pixel 6 Pro has seemed like getting a Pixel 5 XL, with the main adjustment being the larger dimensions.
    hub1 and Morty2264 like this.
    05-18-2022 01:52 PM
    I recently moved to a Pixel 6 Pro from a Pixel 5, a device with which I was perfectly satisfied except for the fact that I was running out of storage space. I've reported my experience and impressions with a series of messages posted in the "So far I'm very happy" thread on this board, so I won't repeat the details here. Suffice it to say that aside from one minor glitch -- an occasional failure of the Lift to Wake and Tap to Wake functions, requiring me to push the power button to open the lock screen -- which I expect will likely be resolved with an update from Google in the near future, the Pixel 6 Pro has been just as smooth and reliable and enjoyable to use as my Pixel 5. To me, transitioning to the Pixel 6 Pro has seemed like getting a Pixel 5 XL, with the main adjustment being the larger dimensions.
    Totally agree with the above, I've come from the 5 to the 6 pro and the only glitches I have had are minor issues on beta 13. 6 pro has been faultless for me and for my Missus whom I bought a 6 pro for last Christmas.. HTH, David.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-18-2022 03:13 PM
    Sorry to hear that , any warranty or insurance?
    The pixel 5 was great/solid phone, but I like the bigger 6 pro.
    I have Google Preferred Care but I'd rather save the $200 (ish) deductible for a new phone. I'm actually thinking of transferring my insurance to my future Pixel device, whichever that may be.

A restart has seemed to help but I'll have more time to fiddle with things this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-20-2022 06:31 AM
    Sorry to hear about your Pixel 4, that's a bummer. What a solid phone at a great size for many people. Good luck on whatever you decide to get. I love my Pixel 6 and have no major issues.
    Thank you! Do you have the smaller sized 6 or the Pro?
    05-20-2022 06:31 AM
    Totally agree with the above, I've come from the 5 to the 6 pro and the only glitches I have had are minor issues on beta 13. 6 pro has been faultless for me and for my Missus whom I bought a 6 pro for last Christmas.. HTH, David.
    Thank you for sharing your experience!
    05-20-2022 06:32 AM
    Thank you! Do you have the smaller sized 6 or the Pro?
    I have a P6.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-20-2022 06:57 AM
    I have Google Preferred Care but I'd rather save the $200 (ish) deductible for a new phone. I'm actually thinking of transferring my insurance to my future Pixel device, whichever that may be.

A restart has seemed to help but I'll have more time to fiddle with things this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted!
    Can you transfer insurance?
    05-20-2022 09:00 AM
    Can you transfer insurance?
    Google's Canada website had a blurb about it. But it was only with regards to transferring insurance to another Pixel device.

In any case, thankfully a restart has seemed to fix my battery issues! So as long as my phone continues to work, I'll attempt to hold out to see what the Pixel 7 will be like. If I'm not impressed, I'll circle back to the Pixel 6 Pro.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-21-2022 11:34 AM
    Glad the restart helped. I love my 6 Pro. The telephoto lens is so good for cat photos. I use it all the time.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-22-2022 10:21 PM
    Google's Canada website had a blurb about it. But it was only with regards to transferring insurance to another Pixel device.

In any case, thankfully a restart has seemed to fix my battery issues! So as long as my phone continues to work, I'll attempt to hold out to see what the Pixel 7 will be like. If I'm not impressed, I'll circle back to the Pixel 6 Pro.
    Ahh ok that's good news
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-22-2022 10:22 PM
    Ahh ok that's good news
    Yes! I'm still keeping the Pixel 6 Pro idea in my back pocket. Thank you for your suggestions! If the issue happens again, I'll circle back to them!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-23-2022 08:13 PM
    Yes! I'm still keeping the Pixel 6 Pro idea in my back pocket. Thank you for your suggestions! If the issue happens again, I'll circle back to them!
    Ok
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-23-2022 08:16 PM
    Glad the restart helped. I love my 6 Pro. The telephoto lens is so good for cat photos. I use it all the time.
    Part of me still wants to give the Pixel 6 Pro a whirl... If the 7 isn't what I want, it's Pixel 6 Pro time! No other current phone is holding my attention. I hope the Pixel 7 is a grand slam.
    dc52ltr and Kizzy Catwoman like this.
    05-24-2022 06:35 AM
    My opinion is that unless you're willing to give up the very functional fingerprint sensor of the P5, you should stay with it. I moved from the 4a5G to a P6 and while the phone itself is very good, the fingerprint reader is a huge fail. Slow, in accurate and has no business being under the display. The dedicated fingerprint sensor on the back of the 4a5g and P5 was just fine. I was able to quickly unlock the phone as I reached for it in my pocket and bingo the phone would be ready for my as I brought it up. Can't do that with the P6. About 20% of the time I get "not recognized" or because I'm pressing on a slick glass surface my finger moves a fraction and I get a misread. Other times it reads the finger but takes a full second to perform that.

If I hadn't sent in my 4a5G for the trade-in value I would have gone back to it and sold my P6.

Maybe see if you can get the battery replaced on your P5?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-03-2022 11:42 AM
    That is the upgrade I did...The P5 was perfect for me and I should have kept using it as it worked like new. The size and FS were perfect for me.

I am used to the P6 Pro's size now and the camera is better. The FS I get by with. Happy with it but to me the P5 was perfect.

My issue with the FS is this I am right handed and my right thumb (Most convenient for unlock) is under constant duress from use...dryness and skin imperfections are a daily thing. So that thumb no matter how many times I rescan it is inconsistent for unlocking...My left thumb is always 100% as is my right forefinger. So I blame some of it on the fact my thumb is imperfect and some of it on the phone.

The P5 never failed with my right forefinger.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-04-2022 06:03 AM
    My opinion is that unless you're willing to give up the very functional fingerprint sensor of the P5, you should stay with it. I moved from the 4a5G to a P6 and while the phone itself is very good, the fingerprint reader is a huge fail. Slow, in accurate and has no business being under the display. The dedicated fingerprint sensor on the back of the 4a5g and P5 was just fine. I was able to quickly unlock the phone as I reached for it in my pocket and bingo the phone would be ready for my as I brought it up. Can't do that with the P6. About 20% of the time I get "not recognized" or because I'm pressing on a slick glass surface my finger moves a fraction and I get a misread. Other times it reads the finger but takes a full second to perform that.

If I hadn't sent in my 4a5G for the trade-in value I would have gone back to it and sold my P6.

Maybe see if you can get the battery replaced on your P5?
    You are right -- I do love my effortless fingerprint sensor -- on the back of the phone, no less! I think I will attempt to stick with my 5 (so long as nothing drastic happens, as it's still giving me issues) until I learn more about the Pixel 7 line. Thank you for your input!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-2022 03:50 PM
    That is the upgrade I did...The P5 was perfect for me and I should have kept using it as it worked like new. The size and FS were perfect for me.

I am used to the P6 Pro's size now and the camera is better. The FS I get by with. Happy with it but to me the P5 was perfect.

My issue with the FS is this I am right handed and my right thumb (Most convenient for unlock) is under constant duress from use...dryness and skin imperfections are a daily thing. So that thumb no matter how many times I rescan it is inconsistent for unlocking...My left thumb is always 100% as is my right forefinger. So I blame some of it on the fact my thumb is imperfect and some of it on the phone.

The P5 never failed with my right forefinger.
    I'm sorry to hear about those frustrations with your fingerprint sensor! I'm glad your Pixel 6 Pro is working well for you otherwise, and that you've gotten used to its size!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-2022 03:52 PM