He posted this yesterday. A very interesting subject....Google Glass came out 10 years ago..I'm feeling old(er).
    But what surprised me even more was the phone he would pull out as emphasis when he would mention a smart phone. Clue..it is the phone he blasted in a video a month ago and on Twitter. Is that phone now his go to phone? Things that make you go "hmmm."

Wiley_11 likes this.
    06-13-2022 05:46 AM
    ...the phone he would pull out as emphasis when he would mention a smart phone. Clue..it is the phone he blasted in a video a month ago and on Twitter. Is that phone now his go to phone? Things that make you go "hmmm."...
    I watched a bit until he pulled out "his phone" twice, but I don't know enough about phones to recognize it.
    06-13-2022 06:12 AM
    JR Raphael has pointed out several times that this kind of thing happens fairly often -- a reviewer bashes on a Pixel phone upon its release, and then 6-12 months later, changes their tune and praises it. I'm not sure if it's due to Google's habit of fixing bugs with subsequent updates, or if it's just fashionable to criticize Pixel phones during the release period.
    06-13-2022 08:45 AM
    JR Raphael has pointed out several times that this kind of thing happens fairly often -- a reviewer bashes on a Pixel phone upon its release, and then 6-12 months later, changes their tune and praises it. I'm not sure if it's due to Google's habit of fixing bugs with subsequent updates, or if it's just fashionable to criticize Pixel phones during the release period.
    No it's just Google releases a partially finished phone, then fixes it with updates. I've been using them since galaxy nexus days, and there has always been an issue somewhere. My 6pro is pretty stable now, however it took 8 months to get here. Battery life is still mediocre, but other features make up for it.
    06-13-2022 11:18 AM
    No it's just Google releases a partially finished phone, then fixes it with updates. I've been using them since galaxy nexus days, and there has always been an issue somewhere. My 6pro is pretty stable now, however it took 8 months to get here. Battery life is still mediocre, but other features make up for it.
    I've probably mentioned this elsewhere, but I guess I'm lucky -- I never had major issues with my 6 Pro from the start, and battery life has been excellent. I do keep 5G off because it's just not that robust in my area, but the battery is still pretty good with 5G on.
    06-13-2022 03:58 PM
    I've probably mentioned this elsewhere, but I guess I'm lucky -- I never had major issues with my 6 Pro from the start, and battery life has been excellent. I do keep 5G off because it's just not that robust in my area, but the battery is still pretty good with 5G on.
    I mean it's not entirely the phones fault, with 5G not being able to handle voice + data so it keeps both antennas pinging for signal. I would say it's like 60/40 inefficient modem to 5G issues for the sub par battery life.

My 6pro has been ok at best. Android 12 was WAY too janky when this phone was released. It's become better, but there are still glitches here and there.
    06-13-2022 08:02 PM