Just noticed this security feature went missing

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
With the latest update, I just realized that trusted places is no longer a feature.

You still have on body detection and trusted devices.

However, not having trusted locations available means my phone is always staying locked while I'm at home, which is really annoying. I really liked that feature.

Anyone else notice this missing?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if 'trusted locations' was eliminated because of how inaccurate it was. Since its inception, it has always been buggy for a lot of people.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my 6 Pro to the September Google Play system update (and the main Security Update is of course also September), and I still have Trusted Places. Try turning the Trust Agent off and then on again, and see if it's still gone.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my 6 Pro to the September Google Play system update (and the main Security Update is of course also September), and I still have Trusted Places. Try turning the Trust Agent off and then on again, and see if it's still gone.
Where are you seeing it? Normally it would be one of the options under smart lock. I don't have anything to toggle on or off.
5d852cb5103059e9f08c4693eca5425d.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where are you seeing it? Normally it would be one of the options under smart lock. I don't have anything to toggle on or off.
5d852cb5103059e9f08c4693eca5425d.jpg

Yep, I still see Trusted Places on that screen. To turn off Trust Agent and then turn it back on again, go to Settings>Security>Advanced>Trust Agents, toggle off Smart Lock, reboot the phone, and then toggle it back on, and see if that does anything.

Also, I see you have a VPN on -- what happens if you turn off the VPN?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I still see Trusted Places on that screen. To turn off Trust Agent and then turn it back on again, go to Settings>Security>Advanced>Trust Agents, toggle off Smart Lock, reboot the phone, and then toggle it back on, and see if that does anything.

Also, I see you have a VPN on -- what happens if you turn off the VPN?
Turning off the trust agent and rebooting didn't help. Turning off VPN didn't change anything. Wonder why I don't have it anymore.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That is pretty weird. You're not on a beta Android 13 build, are you?

Definitely send feedback to Google about this.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That is pretty weird. You're not on a beta Android 13 build, are you?

Definitely send feedback to Google about this.
Nope, I'm running the betas on my pixel 5 which I just booted up and has all the options on it.

EDIT: just found a 9to5google article about this from two days ago. Apparently it's a sporadic bug.

Last edited:

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have it on my P6 Pro on Verizon anymore either. If you still have it, can you tell me specifically in settings where you can turn it on?

Edit... I do have Trusted Places in the Smart Lock settings. Is that what we're talking about?

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Security/Advanced Settings/Smart Lock/... i get three choices On-body, trusted places, trusted devices.

P6 on verizon with latest updates. No beta program

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Security/Advanced Settings/Smart Lock/... i get three choices On-body, trusted places, trusted devices.

P6 on verizon with latest updates. No beta program

I do have those 3 as well. The title mentioned Trusted Location so that confused me a bit.