01-08-2023 10:03 PM
56 123
tools
    I have the 6 Pro and I have ordered the 7 Pro. Let's see if it's worth the upgrade. The new processor, better screen, and camera improvements persuaded me to upgrade as I was absolutely not planning on upgrading this year.
    Exact same here. I wasn't planning on upgrading either but I just ordered the Pixel 7 Pro. The trade-in values and the $200 credit on the Google store was really enticing. Let's see how much better it is than the pixel 6. I guess we always have 14 days to return it
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-09-2022 02:30 PM
    No, keeping my P6P for another year. I'm not having any of the issues with it that some have. And although the face unlock and slightly better zoom on the 7 Pro are nice, that's not enough to push me to upgrade.
    Same for me. But am getting it for my husband
    gendo667, rvbfan, Ben_70 and 3 others like this.
    10-09-2022 03:04 PM
    Trading my P6 128 ($440), $200 Google store credit, net is $308 with tax. Works for me, YMMV.
    Same deal I'm getting. It's an offer I can't refuse
    10-09-2022 08:18 PM
    Same for me. But am getting it for my husband
    I'm so excited for your husband!
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    10-11-2022 03:53 PM
    I ordered through Verizon and they gave me $700 trade in on my P6Pro 256. Oh, I know those will get on me about buying a "carrier" phone, but they don't bloat up Pixels and they are the same device. And they have to unlock after 60 days.

The caveat is if the modem is still crappy, I'll send it back. I think I have 14 days on Verizon to do so, and don't have to send my P6P back until 30 days (I see they are calculating the 30 days from today when I ordered....seems like it should be when I receive the 7, but that's Corporate America for you).
    This looks really tempting to Upgrade from a Pixel 3a with a $700 credit. I see you have to pay a $35 upgrade fee. Was wondering if you had to pay the taxes on the full price and if it said anything about how long you have to keep the phone going on the line...is it for all 36 months?
    10-11-2022 07:51 PM
    This looks really tempting to Upgrade from a Pixel 3a with a $700 credit. I see you have to pay a $35 upgrade fee. Was wondering if you had to pay the taxes on the full price and if it said anything about how long you have to keep the phone going on the line...is it for all 36 months?
    They have two ways to do it. I chose to pay the phone in full so VZW now will give me a nearly $20 credit per month for 3 years to give me the $700 back. The other option was to pay the price less the $700, plus upgrade fee and pay about $8 per month for 3 years. I figured paying up front put me in control as I can still switch devices and leave VZW if I wanted to at any time.

I admit that I don't know what happens to the $20/month credit if I were to trade the 7 Pro in for the 8 next year, or if I put another device on that line. I suppose I would only continue to get the credit for 3 years with that phone on the line, but not sure.
    10-11-2022 08:29 PM
    They have two ways to do it. I chose to pay the phone in full so VZW now will give me a nearly $20 credit per month for 3 years to give me the $700 back. The other option was to pay the price less the $700, plus upgrade fee and pay about $8 per month for 3 years. I figured paying up front put me in control as I can still switch devices and leave VZW if I wanted to at any time.

I admit that I don't know what happens to the $20/month credit if I were to trade the 7 Pro in for the 8 next year, or if I put another device on that line. I suppose I would only continue to get the credit for 3 years with that phone on the line, but not sure.
    Unless VZW has some special exception, the norm is that in order to trade the phone in and get credit towards another, you'd need to pay off any remaining balance. So if you had, for example, 24 months to go at $8/month... you'd be on the hook to pay $192 to fully own the phone before you could trade it in. Might want to confirm with them first. If that's the case, and you expect to want to upgrade only 1 or 2 years into that 3-year period, their promotion might not be the best option.
    10-12-2022 04:08 PM
    Unless VZW has some special exception, the norm is that in order to trade the phone in and get credit towards another, you'd need to pay off any remaining balance. So if you had, for example, 24 months to go at $8/month... you'd be on the hook to pay $192 to fully own the phone before you could trade it in. Might want to confirm with them first. If that's the case, and you expect to want to upgrade only 1 or 2 years into that 3-year period, their promotion might not be the best option.
    I am in the opposite situation in this case. I paid the P7 Pro in full up front, and they will give me almost $20 per month in bill credits for 3 years. So, if next year, I decide to get the 8 Pro, I wonder if I would lose the credits for years 2 and 3, or if they would just subtract that amount from what I would owe on the 8? Knowing how these corporations work, I'm guessing I just lose the last 2 years of credits.
    10-13-2022 04:33 PM
    I'd bet that you'd lose the credits but if your eventually going to trade in the P7Pro I'm sure the trade-In value would be a good amount anyway. So it kinda work out ok.
    Looks like I'll see everyone over in the Pixel 7 section later on...
    I practically forced my Mom to trade a 3a for the 7. I did have to pay taxes on the full retail. $35 upgrade fee, $46 taxes, and a pixel3a For a Pixel 7. Not bad.
    I was going to use my Galaxy S8 that's been sitting in a box for 3 years(don't worry I charge it up periodically)to upgrade another person on my account but they want to keep their Samsung J7 ****ter?! So I used it for me and got a 7Pro. I'll be coming from a S21 which has been Great so I'm bracing for a let down
    10-13-2022 10:35 PM
    I bit on the hook, upgraded from P6 to P7. With upgrade from BestBuy it only cost me a net $45 so figured why not.

The shat that bothered me with P6 is gone, that being slow arse failed regularly finger print reader. Nice to have face unlock, has not worked perfectly but seems to be getting better, perhaps it's learning.

Initially it feels a bit more responsive overall, but no specific test to verify my gut feeling.

Upgrade was easy, connect P6 to P7 with charging cable and almost everything was copied over.

Still TBD, is modem any better giving better connection and is battery performance any different.

For $45 it's worth the upgrade, IMHO. I figure P7 will be worth more than $45 vs P6 on any future trade in offers such as P8

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2022 08:18 PM
    I definitely prefer the p7 pro over the 6 pro. Not a must upgrade by any means. But you can't go wrong upgrading IMO.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-15-2022 01:08 AM
    No, however, I'll upgrade to the 8pro next year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 and Hanko like this.
    10-19-2022 07:12 AM
    I definitely prefer the p7 pro over the 6 pro. Not a must upgrade by any means. But you can't go wrong upgrading IMO.
    I see what you are saying -- and I agree!
    10-19-2022 08:18 AM
    If I was encountering problems with my Pixel 6 Pro like some other users here have reported, I'd be more amenable to -- even eager for -- an early upgrade, because I'm sure the Pixel 7 Pro offers at least a few advancements and advantages. But I've been one of the fortunate Pixel 6 Pro owners who has enjoyed virtually flawless performance from the device -- the only exception being an occasional glitch in the tap-to-wake function, which I consider relatively inconsequential. So unless something goes wrong in the meantime, I'm content to keep this phone for at least the customary two-year period before considering a replacement. For those who decide to move on for a better user experience, however, here's hoping your next Pixel proves to be more than satisfactory and rewards your faith in Google!
    10-19-2022 12:03 PM
    So according to the Best Buy website, they will give you up to $500 for your Pixel 6 Pro when buying a Pixel 7 Pro and a $200 gift card. $899 - $500 - $200 = $199 net. This all requires "with activation today" on an unlocked phone. What exactly does that mean? You have to sign up with a carrier? I'm on Google Fi. I do not need or want them to activate anything. "activate later" looks like payment in full while activate now looks like a 24 month interest free option.

In any event, I am already enjoying 24 months zero interest on both my phones so I am staying put.
    10-20-2022 02:04 PM
    Okay. what are these deals. On Best Buy I saw the trade-in deal but nothing about a gift certificate?? Is google also offering something?
    10-21-2022 04:49 PM
    I’m thinking of trading my Pixel 6 for the Pixel 7 Pro.

Best Buy no longer offers the $200 gift card in addition to your trade-in.

Waiting to see if better deals come along in November, also to see if any nasties or uglies crop up.

I really want the telephoto camera. (I think) so if I can get a good enough deal, I’ll jump, if not ……

Addendum 17 Nov. I jumped, will pick up Wednesday at my local Best Buy.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-2022 11:26 AM
    OK keep in mind this is from a sample size of 2 Pixel 6 pro, one S22 Ultra, and one P7 pro. When I got the P6p it was easily the best smartphone I ever had used. However as time went by it was akin to the frog in the pot of slowly increasing temperature until when it recognized a problem it was nearly too late. That is what happened to me. Came to ahead with new Bluetooth hearing aids. Those are life changers. However the P6 p went nuts with these and Bluetooth would not work. Went to my S20 FE backup and everything was OK. Reset the 6 pro. Went to hell again within a few days. Verizon service got the phone on remote control and the guy said they would replace the phone. New 6 pro was better but still funky Bluetooth issues, cell service was unusable. I live in a mostly rural area that has mostly good cell service, but there are lots of dead spots. I won't live long enough to see 5G here. Traded my S20 FE on a S22 Ultra. This is in many ways a super phone, but it has its issues. The S 22U fps is way more finicky than the 6 pro. You really don't know what is going to happen when you touch the screen. No way is this one up to the hype of a $1,200 Samsung phone. I haven't tried resetting this one yet, but I'll see about that.

So I was driving past the local Verizon store. I had the 6 pro with me so out of curiosity I went in to see what sort of promotions they might have. I was pretty surprised they gave me $900 on the P6p. That left just a $20 balance on the P7p, plus an additional $10 a month for another line. I figured that was a pretty simple cheap way to get both the P7P and the S22U side by side. I'll keep the winner and sell the loser.

Hallelujah. The P7p "might" just be THE phone. It is on an order of magnitude better than the P6p. It is easily the cell service reception equal of the S22U. As will I, please keep in mind this is a week old phone and everything works better new. But the S22U is pretty new too. The P 6p would not hold any phone call at all. Android 13 seemed to totally fix everything about the P 6p...except the cell service. If the cell service was OK I'd have just kept the P 6p. However the P 7 p will likely see me sell the S22 U. This one feels and acts like a flagship should feel and act. I read complaints about the P 7 p feeling hollow. Right now my response has to be...??????! The screen is not as bright as the 22U but it clocks the 6p. The touch response is much better than either one of those as well. I really like some of the Samsung UI, but the Google assistant is miles ahead. I don't have either the need nor the ability to care much about a lower benchmark on the P7p Tensor 2.
    Hanko and rvbfan like this.
    11-13-2022 01:22 PM
    Nah,

I'm waiting for the 8 pro.

rvbfan, J Dubbs and Kizzy Catwoman like this.
    11-25-2022 10:59 AM
    I had decided to stick with my P6P that has never given me any issues, but after hearing my brother rave for a month about his P7P, and being tempted again by the Black Friday deals, I pulled the trigger last night. I'm only out about $270 for the upgrade with my trade in. My P6P has been by far the best phone I've ever used but I'm looking forward to the little upgrades!

mutant777 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-28-2022 06:07 AM
    I vacillated, and told myself that it would be really dumb to upgrade after only a year.

My regret was that I didn’t have the telephoto or the macro capabilities of the P7P on my plain old 6.

I am very impressed with the P7P, and it seems to have an “ease” that the 6 just didn’t quite have.
    Morty2264 and J Dubbs like this.
    12-10-2022 06:45 PM
    I vacillated, and told myself that it would be really dumb to upgrade after only a year.

My regret was that I didn’t have the telephoto or the macro capabilities of the P7P on my plain old 6.

I am very impressed with the P7P, and it seems to have an “ease” that the 6 just didn’t quite have.
    So glad you're enjoying your Pixel 7 Pro! That makes it all worth it!
    FF22 and Maljunulo like this.
    12-10-2022 08:57 PM
    Nah,

Me too

cribble2k likes this.
    12-12-2022 01:45 AM
    Nah,

At my age, I don’t plan that far ahead.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-2022 10:05 AM
    At my age, I don’t plan that far ahead.
    I'm with you. Hoping I make it to Greece NEXT October!!!
    12-14-2022 10:31 AM
56 123