Upgrading to pixel 7 pro

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay. what are these deals. On Best Buy I saw the trade-in deal but nothing about a gift certificate?? Is google also offering something?

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I’m thinking of trading my Pixel 6 for the Pixel 7 Pro.

Best Buy no longer offers the $200 gift card in addition to your trade-in.

Waiting to see if better deals come along in November, also to see if any nasties or uglies crop up.

I really want the telephoto camera. (I think) so if I can get a good enough deal, I’ll jump, if not ……

Addendum 17 Nov. I jumped, will pick up Wednesday at my local Best Buy.

Last edited:

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
OK keep in mind this is from a sample size of 2 Pixel 6 pro, one S22 Ultra, and one P7 pro. When I got the P6p it was easily the best smartphone I ever had used. However as time went by it was akin to the frog in the pot of slowly increasing temperature until when it recognized a problem it was nearly too late. That is what happened to me. Came to ahead with new Bluetooth hearing aids. Those are life changers. However the P6 p went nuts with these and Bluetooth would not work. Went to my S20 FE backup and everything was OK. Reset the 6 pro. Went to hell again within a few days. Verizon service got the phone on remote control and the guy said they would replace the phone. New 6 pro was better but still funky Bluetooth issues, cell service was unusable. I live in a mostly rural area that has mostly good cell service, but there are lots of dead spots. I won't live long enough to see 5G here. Traded my S20 FE on a S22 Ultra. This is in many ways a super phone, but it has its issues. The S 22U fps is way more finicky than the 6 pro. You really don't know what is going to happen when you touch the screen. No way is this one up to the hype of a $1,200 Samsung phone. I haven't tried resetting this one yet, but I'll see about that.

So I was driving past the local Verizon store. I had the 6 pro with me so out of curiosity I went in to see what sort of promotions they might have. I was pretty surprised they gave me $900 on the P6p. That left just a $20 balance on the P7p, plus an additional $10 a month for another line. I figured that was a pretty simple cheap way to get both the P7P and the S22U side by side. I'll keep the winner and sell the loser.

Hallelujah. The P7p "might" just be THE phone. It is on an order of magnitude better than the P6p. It is easily the cell service reception equal of the S22U. As will I, please keep in mind this is a week old phone and everything works better new. But the S22U is pretty new too. The P 6p would not hold any phone call at all. Android 13 seemed to totally fix everything about the P 6p...except the cell service. If the cell service was OK I'd have just kept the P 6p. However the P 7 p will likely see me sell the S22 U. This one feels and acts like a flagship should feel and act. I read complaints about the P 7 p feeling hollow. Right now my response has to be...??????! The screen is not as bright as the 22U but it clocks the 6p. The touch response is much better than either one of those as well. I really like some of the Samsung UI, but the Google assistant is miles ahead. I don't have either the need nor the ability to care much about a lower benchmark on the P7p Tensor 2.

OperaDude

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I had decided to stick with my P6P that has never given me any issues, but after hearing my brother rave for a month about his P7P, and being tempted again by the Black Friday deals, I pulled the trigger last night. I'm only out about $270 for the upgrade with my trade in. My P6P has been by far the best phone I've ever used but I'm looking forward to the little upgrades!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I vacillated, and told myself that it would be really dumb to upgrade after only a year.

My regret was that I didn’t have the telephoto or the macro capabilities of the P7P on my plain old 6.

I am very impressed with the P7P, and it seems to have an “ease” that the 6 just didn’t quite have.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I vacillated, and told myself that it would be really dumb to upgrade after only a year.

My regret was that I didn’t have the telephoto or the macro capabilities of the P7P on my plain old 6.

I am very impressed with the P7P, and it seems to have an “ease” that the 6 just didn’t quite have.

So glad you're enjoying your Pixel 7 Pro! That makes it all worth it!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you. Hoping I make it to Greece NEXT October!!! :D

With what's been going on in my life lately I just plan from day to day.... any more than that seems a little pointless :-\ At least it's allowing me to buy things for myself and family I would normally be more frugal about. Frugal just isn't making sense anymore lol.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With what's been going on in my life lately I just plan from day to day.... any more than that seems a little pointless :-\ At least it's allowing me to buy things for myself and family I would normally be more frugal about. Frugal just isn't making sense anymore lol.

Good luck with whatever issue(s) have been going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty