How well has your battery capacity held up?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
With the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, a lot of people were quite upset by the aggressive charging curve Google put in place, where the last bit of charging took quite a while (as well as the limit to no more than 23w (?) while 'requiring' a 30w charger to deliver that).

Having had my 6 Pro for about 11 months now, while there've been some differences in battery life resulting from assorted software patches, I've not felt like the battery itself has actually suffered any in terms of capacity.

AccuBattery's reporting seems to support that as well:
P6P.jpg
I recall when initially installing it, it first estimated capacity at 5,038 mAh, so the diminishment has been very, very low. Compared to prior phones, this is a dramatically better result after about a year.

I'm curious if others have had similar good fortune with battery capacity. It would seem as if Google's charging management has, at least for me, really made a difference in prolonging the life of the batteries (my personal charging habits have remained essentially the same, so would not be a large contributing factor to any differences).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone is just about a year old, and Accubattery rates its health at 102%. I've been extremely happy with the 6 Pro's battery life, and pretty much never have to worry about it -- even when I try to limit the max charge to 80%

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never used the AccuBattery app. Does the free version give the above information??

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes it does if you want more information like app details i believe need premium

Last edited:

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there a battery health feature coming to the pixels via a quarterly feature drop in December??

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've never used the AccuBattery app. Does the free version give the above information??

What I posted was from the free version. Strangely, I've tried to upgrade to the paid version a couple of times to support the developer, but the process always fails.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What I posted was from the free version. Strangely, I've tried to upgrade to the paid version a couple of times to support the developer, but the process always fails.

Interesting about the paid. That's good to know about the free version. I'm interested in what it says about my battery health. Won't keep it installed for very long. Thank you.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had read something about it. Thanks, B Diddy. Are those of you who are using AccuBattery charging to only 80% most times, like it recommends?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought I had read something about it. Thanks, B Diddy. Are those of you who are using AccuBattery charging to only 80% most times, like it recommends?

I made an effort towards that end for the first few weeks but then fell into my routine habit... Charge to fill overnight (though it managed the charge to only just complete at the time of my alarm), and charging whenever I was in the car. I seldom had the battery ever fall below 10-15%, and never to 0%, but it was not uncommon for it to be sitting on a charger at 100% for extended periods.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I've been making an effort, at least on the days when I'm not working a full 15 hour shift. You can set a charge alert on the app to give you a notification when you've hit a set charge level, but that doesn't help if it's charging overnight (assuming you have Do Not Disturb turned on).

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My battery life got better over the year I have had my 6 Pro. I can get over a day with light use a and about 16-20 hours doing more intensive stuff. Am keeping my 6 Pro and getting the 7 Pro for my husband.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, according to the AccuBattery app, my 6 Pro battery is in pretty good shape. I've had my 6 Pro since it was first released, so how I normally charge my phone seems to be just fine. Many times, it gets charged to 100%, and, I often charge several times a day, depending on usage. Maybe it's during the 2nd year that the battery starts to degrade. I'll keep using AccuBattery and try to charge to only 80% as often as I can.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012-075040.jpg
    Screenshot_20221012-075040.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 20

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Interestingly, according to the AccuBattery app, my 6 Pro battery is in pretty good shape. I've had my 6 Pro since it was first released, so how I normally charge my phone seems to be just fine. Many times, it gets charged to 100%, and, I often charge several times a day, depending on usage. Maybe it's during the 2nd year that the battery starts to degrade. I'll keep using AccuBattery and try to charge to only 80% as often as I can.

I always charge to 100%... but I don't leave my devices charging past that for extended periods, and never overnight. And I never run my batteries any lower than 40%. The only phone I've ever had noticeable battery loss on is my pixel 1.... and it's still usable, but it's definitely lost some battery capacity.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had 3 smartphones in the past 10 years and this Pixel 6 battery is the best I've had.
I can use it all day without charging.
I charge the phone to full 100 % every AM, unplug it and use it all day. At night, I shut the phone off without charging overnight.
I couldn't be happier.
I just wish Google would get rid of the "PRESSING 2 BUTTONS", to SHUT DOWN.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I always charge to 100%... but I don't leave my devices charging past that for extended periods, and never overnight. And I never run my batteries any lower than 40%.

My charging behavior is almost identical. I try to keep the battery between 50% and 95%. It sometimes charges to full but as soon as I notice I pull it off the charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21