Ever since the last update I have difficulty waking my Pixel 6 by double tapping. If it's only a few seconds
    after the screen shuts off, I can open it by double tap. Any more than that and I have to use the power button.
    Anyone else with this issue?
    10-11-2022 05:06 PM
    Does it respond better after a reboot? I've seen this kind of behavior before, even before the latest update. It might be some app that I installed.

Does this also happen in Safe Mode?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-11-2022 07:04 PM
    Good questions. Haven't tried safe mode yet but reboot seems to help a bit. I may clean cache also.

Funny thing is that double-tap to turn off is flawless
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-11-2022 08:39 PM
    I occasionally have this problem, actually just had it about an hour ago. Mine seems to come and go and just happen randomly. Haven't noticed a trend on what makes it happen.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-15-2022 02:44 PM
    This happens on all my pixel devices. Usually goes back to normal soon enough. Just another little bug with Pixel's. But I think it may be a safety thing. As it usually happens if I haven't woke up the pixel for a while. Makes you enter your pin etc.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-15-2022 10:34 PM
    This was an issue for me earlier in the summer. I usually solve it by turning the feature off and back on.
    10-16-2022 07:36 AM
    This happens on all my pixel devices. Usually goes back to normal soon enough. Just another little bug with Pixel's. But I think it may be a safety thing. As it usually happens if I haven't woke up the pixel for a while. Makes you enter your pin etc.
    Maybe a deep sleep battery thing
    10-16-2022 02:23 PM
    Is AOD on when this happens or off?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    10-16-2022 07:30 PM
    I've been having issues on my P7P where my AOD goes to black and I have to hit the power button to get it started.. I'm troubleshooting a little bit this morning, but I do use Nova launcher with double tap to sleep the phone and I don't know if it's causing an issue with it.. most likely not, but I want to make sure by ruling it out.. after reading a few posts, it's probably a Google issue
    10-19-2022 09:55 AM
    I've been having issues on my P7P where my AOD goes to black and I have to hit the power button to get it started.. I'm troubleshooting a little bit this morning, but I do use Nova launcher with double tap to sleep the phone and I don't know if it's causing an issue with it.. most likely not, but I want to make sure by ruling it out.. after reading a few posts, it's probably a Google issue
    I'm having a similar issue on my P7P and I had it on my P6P as well. But it's intermittent. My screen doesn't go completely black. I'm just unable to wake the phone with a tap and have to use the power button instead. Most of the time the tap to wake feature works but occasionally it misbehaves. Also, I'm usually able to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone without first having to wake the screen. But sometimes the fingerprint scanner doesn't work at all until I wake the screen. This was true for my P6P as well.

10-19-2022 12:44 PM
    I'm having a similar issue on my P7P and I had it on my P6P as well. But it's intermittent. My screen doesn't go completely black. I'm just unable to wake the phone with a tap and have to use the power button instead. Most of the time the tap to wake feature works but occasionally it misbehaves. Also, I'm usually able to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone without first having to wake the screen. But sometimes the fingerprint scanner doesn't work at all until I wake the screen. This was true for my P6P as well.

Yep that sounds similar... So far it's working perfectly today. Half day so let's see.. I'm also curious if anyone else is running Nova launcher?
    10-19-2022 12:59 PM
    Yep that sounds similar... So far it's working perfectly today. Half day so let's see.. I'm also curious if anyone else is running Nova launcher?
    I'm not on Nova, by the way. I'm just using the stock Pixel launcher.

bkdodger2 likes this.
    10-19-2022 01:03 PM
    Good questions. Haven't tried safe mode yet but reboot seems to help a bit. I may clean cache also.

Funny thing is that double-tap to turn off is flawless
    Where is the setting for double tap to turn off?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    10-19-2022 02:08 PM
    Where is the setting for double tap to turn off?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yeah I don't think pixel's support double tap to turn off.
    10-20-2022 01:08 AM

Man, it's definitely concerning to see this is still an issue on the 6 Pro and an issue that carried over to the 7 Pro! I'm still early on (day 2) with my 7 Pro but I had this happen on my 6 Pro and it drove me nuts!! Really hoping Google can figure it out, but not overly optimistic seeing how long it's been an issue.

10-20-2022 06:12 AM
    My AOD issue did not happen yesterday so I'm going to leave double tap to screen off disabled on my Nova settings..
    10-20-2022 07:47 AM