November update

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Update for my unlocked Pixel6 downloading as I type. Small one this time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
November Update problem.
Last night, when my Battery Level reached 39 %, the November update quit with a warning that the battery level was low. It would not restart until I placed the phone on CHARGE. Otherwise, the update finished OK.
FYI, my low battery warning is set at 20%.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that is specific to the November update. I believe any security update has a battery threshold set by Google, not you. My guess is that if the security update would begin to install and then your phone die, it would cause some issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
November Update problem.
Last night, when my Battery Level reached 39 %, the November update quit with a warning that the battery level was low. It would not restart until I placed the phone on CHARGE. Otherwise, the update finished OK.
FYI, my low battery warning is set at 20%.

I agree with firebirder -- the system requires a certain battery level to continue doing a system update, regardless of the warning you set. This is crucial, because if the phone runs out of power and shuts down while the update is still happening, that can brick the phone. 40% may seem excessively high, but they need to build in enough room for error.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the phone didn't just shut down, it just quit updating. Since I had over 30% Battery remaining, I was caught by surprise.
Since there was a mention of BATTERY, I put it on CHARGE, restarted the update, and it picked up from where It quit.
I recommend that in the future, you start an UPDATE with a full charge.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I usually make sure there is at least 50% before updating or have it on charge. Apple won't update without 50% battery either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the phone didn't just shut down, it just quit updating. Since I had over 30% Battery remaining, I was caught by surprise.
Since there was a mention of BATTERY, I put it on CHARGE, restarted the update, and it picked up from where It quit.
I recommend that in the future, you start an UPDATE with a full charge.

Right, that's a feature to protect the phone. It's much better for the phone to simply stop the update, rather than disrupt your phone usage by shutting down completely.