I spend a lot of time in the car. When I get notification that I have a text message, my screen posts "READ TEXT MESSAGE". When I click on it, nothing happens. The message doesn't get read. Is there a step that I missed?
    Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-26-2022 08:26 AM
    Does the phone go into Driving Mode automatically? Have you tried "Hey Google, turn on auto read"? https://support.google.com/assistant...t%20reads%20it.
    ccLuv2Cruz likes this.
    11-26-2022 02:46 PM
    Thanks.
    The car goes into Driving Mode OK and when the message comes in, "PLAY MESSAGE" appears but nothing happens when it's clicked.
    Do I have to press the microphone button to play the message?

11-27-2022 05:44 AM
    I'm not sure, because I don't use this particular feature (my car has its own way of showing and reading back texts that's separate from Google).

Did you already try the "Hey Google, turn on auto read" feature, or is that already on?
    11-27-2022 02:09 PM
    Thanks. I quess, since I use TEXTRA for messaging, there aren't many users out there that can help me.
    Since receiving text messages while driving is a rare occurrence, I can't replicate the problem easily.
    I've contacted TEXTRA to see if they have any advice.
    In the meantime, I'll just wait for the next time I receive a text message while driving.
    BTW, I couldn't find the AUTO READ setting that you mentioned .
    Anyway, thanks again .

11-28-2022 08:22 AM
    I don't think Auto Read is a setting in a menu -- it's a Hey Google command for Google Assistant. Did you try that spoken command?
    11-28-2022 02:45 PM
    When I'm in Driving mode, there is a microphone in the lower left corner that opens the Assistant without a "HEY GOOGLE. From there, I can ask anything.
    What I'm trying to say is that when I get a message, I get a VERBAL" YOU HAVE A TEXT MESSAGE ".,with a box that reads" READ ". The last time I received it, I clicked it but it didn't read the message.
    I'm guessing that I should have said" READ MESSAGE ". I'll try it the first chance I get.

J Dubbs likes this.
    11-28-2022 04:57 PM