My Pixel 6 pro has not been receiving texts from my contacts since yesterday. I use Textra app.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried all the usual fixes, restarting my phone, removing the app and adding back in. Cleared the app cache. Checked all the usual settings. Nothing was changed at all, until yesterday morning. I can SEND but nothing is being received. I use Verizon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Textra has an amazing history of their app development services answering promptly and efficiently. Reach out to their app development team and let them know about the issue. When I reached out to them a few times, they answered back quickly and with suggestions that worked.

Please consider making an account with us here at Android Central so you can respond to this thread and also keep track of its responses. Getting started is easy -- here's the link!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you switch back to Google Messages, do you get messages then? If so, that would confirm the problem is with Textra.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Morty. I've been using Textra for quite a while and also have Verizon as a Carrier. Textra also has the best support team I've ever used.
P. S., I received several texts about 1 hour ago

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
This suddenly started happening a couple of days ago with my LG-V60 on t-mobile network using Textra. I could send messages, but not receive. I switched to my Pixel 7 pro using Google Messages and immediately received the messages from the day before that weren't being received using Textra on the V60, so most likely an issue with the Textra app?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Morty. I've been using Textra for quite a while and also have Verizon as a Carrier. Textra also has the best support team I've ever used.
P. S., I received several texts about 1 hour ago

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

Textrs's app development team is definitely top notch.

OP, if you reach out to them, I'm sure you'll get the assistance you're looking for! Keep us posted!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem at least 3 or 4 times with my P6P. The problem wasn't Textra (which I adore too) for me, it was a phone or network issue. I had to reset wifi/Bluetooth/mobile to get texts flowing again. It's a total pain because you then have to re-pair devices and reenter SSID passwords, but it did fix the problem.

The last time it happened I instead just shut down the phone (not a restart - turned it off completely) and left it off for 5 minutes. All texts then flowed back in naturally when I fired it back up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk