Pixel 6a

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I read that it will come with the old cameras (Pixel 5, 5A) and not the camera/sensor in the P6 line.

That may not necessarily be a bad thing, if you really like taking macro shots. The P6's bigger sensor means poorer macro shots (even if you try to emulate macro by holding the phone farther away and use zoom). I still love my 6 Pro, but that's one of the negative points in comparison to my old Pixel 3 XL and 3a XL ... (but to balance things out, the telephoto is friggin' awesome!)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That may not necessarily be a bad thing, if you really like taking macro shots. The P6's bigger sensor means poorer macro shots (even if you try to emulate macro by holding the phone farther away and use zoom). I still love my 6 Pro, but that's one of the negative points in comparison to my old Pixel 3 XL and 3a XL ... (but to balance things out, the telephoto is friggin' awesome!)
Pixel 5A won a blind camera test set up by Marques Brownlee, beating Pixel 6 Pro and Apple 13 Pro on the way to victory.

Hey, if it ain't broke...

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I read that it will come with the old cameras (Pixel 5, 5A) and not the camera/sensor in the P6 line.

Well, 5a owner here and the camera has been great. I don't have a 6 to compare with but as others have said, don't change things just for the sake of changing things. Enough Pixel changes already since I'm sure the 6a will feature proprietary Tensor SOC and that optimization should be the focus now along with 3G-5G transition.....

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, 5a owner here and the camera has been great. I don't have a 6 to compare with but as others have said, don't change things just for the sake of changing things. Enough Pixel changes already since I'm sure the 6a will feature proprietary Tensor SOC and that optimization should be the focus now along with 3G-5G transition.....

Overall I'm really happy with my Pixel 5's camera, so I think keeping things similar isn't a bad thing! Even when I take a normal photo and zoom in later and crop, I'm impressed with the results!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My wife and I are considering replacing her Pixel 5 with a 6a, if there is one (I hope there is). A lot depends on how big the 6a is, whether she likes it.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I are considering replacing her Pixel 5 with a 6a, if there is one (I hope there is). A lot depends on how big the 6a is, whether she likes it.

Since I expect the 6a to be first of the "a" mid-tier line to use Tensor SOC, I'm expecting some bug carryover from 6 introduction. I'd wait for either 7 or 7a depending on pricing and timing needs.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Size is definitely a factor for me, too. Hopefully we learn more about the Pixel 6a soon!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Since I expect the 6a to be first of the "a" mid-tier line to use Tensor SOC, I'm expecting some bug carryover from 6 introduction. I'd wait for either 7 or 7a depending on pricing and timing needs.
I have no issues with my P6, so I'm comfortable buying a 6a if she wants one.

sundry

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about the Pixel 6a and/or is considering getting it? There is an article I found on my Google Newsfeed about the 6a's launch being delayed 'til July -- ironically written by Android Central! :)

https://www.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-6a-launch-could-face-delay

I may actually consider the 6a -- not sure. It's on my list!

I'm also considering, but not sure. There's still a lot of unknowns like, will it release in May, will it have a 90 Hz display, a solid battery and a manageable 6.2"display.
If those wants could be met along with a great price tag, I'm in!
That would help keep me from wearing out my P6P prematurely.

I edited the 5.2" display to 6.2". That was a typo. No way would I want a display that small. Haha.
Thanks for pointing that out swebb.

Last edited:

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I expect it will offer everything you noted, except the screen size. 5.2" is incredibly small in today's world. Even the iphone mini is larger at 5.4". '

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I currently have a 5a which I'm pretty happy with. Personally the only thing that would have interested me is if it had a higher refresh rate......maybe next year?