Here is my 6a

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I bought my wife a P6a and I am impressed with the phone, especially the material used for the back. It will hold up much better if you drop the phone than a so-called "premium" breakable glass back.

I think it will be fine for drops, I am thinking more scratches. How long before the back starts to look that an old school iPod classic!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it will be fine for drops, I am thinking more scratches. How long before the back starts to look that an old school iPod classic!

I dropped my 6a on concrete this afternoon. top inch of front screen cracked. Can't feel any cut glass with fingers though and phone still functions normally. It was a backup anyway. Might just keep it, or sell it on ebay and get something back at least.

I wish it had fell on its plastic back, likely would've held up a whole lot better. Also unlike the 6 and pro, no victus on the 6a.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I ended using my 6a for three days with my 13 pro side by side. When the 6a acted up inside a app I tried the same thing on my pro and the pro worked as it should. There were too many incidents with the pixel that the pro never did so for these reasons it was returned.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I ended using my 6a for three days with my 13 pro side by side. When the 6a acted up inside a app I tried the same thing on my pro and the pro worked as it should. There were too many incidents with the pixel that the pro never did so for these reasons it was returned.

That's good that you found a device that worked for you!

Jlstewa1023

May 5, 2022
Visit site
I picked up the 6a at launch, fell in love with it so much I upgraded my mom and daughter to it as well. I haven't had any issues with mine, and I'm in love with this device. I had the s22 before this, and the battery life alone made this worth that switch. I think people have to remember the value that this phone creates, under 500 for a phone that has a decent battery, camera and dare I say OS. there's a reason I keep going back to Pixel series devices. Great value for the money, also important to note we got the official Google cases and they help with the slippery type feeling, and feel very comfortable in the hands.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

In the end you need a phone that works reliably for you.. I do think that's the most important factor in buying anything, it can have all the wiz bang doo dad features, but if it doesn't do the job reliably, it's only going to frustrate you and do the opposite of what you purchased it to do ;)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my wife's 6a setup on Saturday. Process was fairly simple. One thing I noticed is the battery settings were set to Adaptive Charging. This is the setting where the phone charges all night long with the 6a software controlling the charging rate to be paced out over the night time hours. You set your alarm for the morning and the Pixel phone intelligently reads the time when you plugged your phone into the charger and the time you have set for your alarm, calculates the amount of time, then adjusts the charging rate profile to fit. This gives a slow, steady charge culminating with a full charge at the time your alarm is set to go off.

I definitely did not want that setting to be ON, so I turned it off. I'm almost certain this was not set to ON with her old phone so I don't think this setting came over to the 6a when I did the data/contacts/settings transfer. This makes me wonder if this is the default setting out of the box. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

(BTW, I do turn on Adaptive Battery, but I don't use Adaptive Charging.)

Anyway, she got the free Pixel Buds A combo deal for $449, plus she's getting $50 back for trading in her 5 year old Pixel 2XL. So $399 for a new Pixel and Pixel earbuds? Great Deal!

Pixel 6a Combo.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my wife's 6a setup on Saturday. Process was fairly simple. One thing I noticed is the battery settings were set to Adaptive Charging. This is the setting where the phone charges all night long with the 6a software controlling the charging rate to be paced out over the night time hours. You set your alarm for the morning and the Pixel phone intelligently reads the time when you plugged your phone into the charger and the time you have set for your alarm, calculates the amount of time, then adjusts the charging rate profile to fit. This gives a slow, steady charge culminating with a full charge at the time your alarm is set to go off.

I definitely did not want that setting to be ON, so I turned it off. I'm almost certain this was not set to ON with her old phone so I don't think this setting came over to the 6a when I did the data/contacts/settings transfer. This makes me wonder if this is the default setting out of the box. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

(BTW, I do turn on Adaptive Battery, but I don't use Adaptive Charging.)

Anyway, she got the free Pixel Buds A combo deal for $449, plus she's getting $50 back for trading in her 5 year old Pixel 2XL. So $399 for a new Pixel and Pixel earbuds? Great Deal!

View attachment 347360

What an AMAZING deal you and your wife got! Congratulations! That setting sounds useful, but I'm a morning-charger. Still, it does sound beneficial.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the adaptive charging setting over the other way. My iPhone 13’s adaptive charge setting does not work so it’s at 100% 2 hours after I hit the sack. If I don’t get up sooner it’s plugged in all nite. My pixel on the other hand charges gradually all nite and doesn’t hit 100% till my alarm is almost going off. A better system imo.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the adaptive charging setting over the other way. My iPhone 13’s adaptive charge setting does not work so it’s at 100% 2 hours after I hit the sack. If I don’t get up sooner it’s plugged in all nite. My pixel on the other hand charges gradually all nite and doesn’t hit 100% till my alarm is almost going off. A better system imo.

That does seem like a more efficient set-up!

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
You must have a slow scanner on you S22. I'll admit the 6a is better than the 6, but it's definitely not as good as the S22. I have all three phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar