Battery life?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, listened to music for 4 hrs. 48 min!

What was your total screen on time?
What is your brightness setting?

I think I had it on for a few hours that day, a little under 2 today.

Brightness setting is about 66%? Hard to tell on the slider.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised the battery life on your 5a was that bad. The battery life on mine was the best of any phone I've ever had and my 6a pales in comparison. I would unplug my 5a at 5:30am and when I got home at 5pm it would be around 70% whereas my 6a is in the high 40% range which corresponds with the reviews I've read. I'm not saying it is horrible, but it's marginally better than my S22.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised the battery life on your 5a was that bad. The battery life on mine was the best of any phone I've ever had and my 6a pales in comparison. I would unplug my 5a at 5:30am and when I got home at 5pm it would be around 70% whereas my 6a is in the high 40% range which corresponds with the reviews I've read. I'm not saying it is horrible, but it's marginally better than my S22.

Some of it may be the fact that around my home there are some granite bluffs that a signal has to go through. But overall, the 5A has been one of the better phones I have had for battery life. I was just amazed at the difference between the 5a and the 6a. To a degree, I agree that the battery life is a bit lacking on the 6a versus the 5a.

Now for an overall update, I did turn off 5G and that helped a lot. Enough that I didn't take the phone back for an even exchange. Overall, I think the phone does come up short versus the 5a for my use case and area.

I don't want to sound like this should be a warning about getting the Pixel 6a: I think it's great, and if anyone is reading my posts considering getting the device, by all means give it a shot. All things equal it is a very solid phone, and if you are a couple of generations or so behind, you will be amazed. This will be a breath of fresh air.