Screen Protector Recommendations?

DigbyTheDog

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both recently purchased the 6a. Any recommendations on which screen protector to get or any to stay away from?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's called None Needed. :)

I've owned numerous smartphones over many years and have never put a screen protector on any of them.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll go along with OhAlfie. I've had plenty of phones (eight?) in the past 20 years, plus I have the experience of my wife's phones and kid's phones (now grown up.) The only time I put a screen protector on a phone was my Pixel 2XL. My wife never has installed one and only one of my kid's did so. Never had a problem with scratches or pitting on any of our unprotected phone's screens. More recently, I did not put a screen protector on my 5a or my wife's 6a.

I put the IQShield Screen Protector on my 2XL. It was fine for about 3-4 months, but it did develop a small flap on the corner that slightly peeled away from the screen. Bugged me. Ironically I did get some small "scratches" in the screen protector itself even though I treated my 2XL the same way I treated all my phones. The neat thing about the IQShield was that I could "iron out" the scratches in the screen protector by applying some heat via a blow dryer.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both recently purchased the 6a. Any recommendations on which screen protector to get or any to stay away from?

I have a Zagg tempered glass screen protector on my Pixel 5. Unlike everyone else, I never go without one. They've saved me a ton of heartache over the years. Look like they have not yet released one for the 6a though.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it's called None Needed. :)

I've owned numerous smartphones over many years and have never put a screen protector on any of them.

Same here, me and my wife have never used them and never had an issue :p But my wife always uses a wallet case, and my phone always wears a case, and gets it's own pocket ;) Screen protectors just never seemed worth the hassle or expense ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke