Low profile/impact cases?

CarleL

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
Morning,

I recently picked up a 6a, and really love the shape and size; however, I have very dry hands and it was constantly slipping out of them (and sliding off anything else I put it on really). I picked up a cheap TPU case off Amazon, which is relatively small and light, but it totally ruins the form factor of the phone. Can anyone suggest something better?

Also, does anyone have any experience of dbrand? Do they offer much protection and grip around the sides?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The official Google case is super slim, as is the Spigen clear case found on Amazon. Never heard of "dbrand". Sounds like a cheap Chinese case maker.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The official Google case is super slim, as is the Spigen clear case found on Amazon. Never heard of "dbrand". Sounds like a cheap Chinese case maker.

dbrand is a really popular Canadian company, but they make skins, not cases -- and skins won't be particularly protective for drops. They're good for grip and scratch protection.

If you don't mind spending a lot on a case, I love these from Rustek -- real wood veneer, and the edges have a very grippy texture. I have one for my 6 Pro, and got one for the 6a I gave to my brother.

https://www.rustek.co/collections/google-cases/Google-Pixel-6a

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
dbrand is a really popular Canadian company, but they make skins, not cases -- and skins won't be particularly protective for drops. They're good for grip and scratch protection.

If you don't mind spending a lot on a case, I love these from Rustek -- real wood veneer, and the edges have a very grippy texture. I have one for my 6 Pro, and got one for the 6a I gave to my brother.

https://www.rustek.co/collections/google-cases/Google-Pixel-6a

I still might pick one of those up for my 6 Pro... I already have 2 Bellroy leather cases though, not sure if I'd get around to using 3. I suppose I might get a good deal if I wait a year ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still might pick one of those up for my 6 Pro... I already have 2 Bellroy leather cases though, not sure if I'd get around to using 3. I suppose I might get a good deal if I wait a year ;)

They really are quite beautiful and distinct. I get a lot of admiring comments when people see it! And I can't emphasize enough how excellent the grip is on the sides -- it really feels secure when I take it out of my pocket.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
They really are quite beautiful and distinct. I get a lot of admiring comments when people see it! And I can't emphasize enough how excellent the grip is on the sides -- it really feels secure when I take it out of my pocket.

You're selling me lol. Is this payback for when I talked you into picking up the leather case for your pixel 3XL? Because it's working :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those wood ones just look to "country grandpa" for my taste.

I can see how some of them can look that way. I got the Chet Malinow, which I find to be a cool modern design.

Like the YouTuber LGR, I get a kick out of old-school wood grain finishes. When I get skins for my laptops, I favor the dark wood grain styles. Reminds me of the old Montgomery Ward hi-fi my family had in the '70s.:)

CarleL

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site

Those Bellroy cases look great - and in orange too! how are they in practice? I just watched a review on YT, and he said the buttons are a little tough to press, and it seems to be wide open at the bottom.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Those Bellroy cases look great - and in orange too! how are they in practice? I just watched a review on YT, and he said the buttons are a little tough to press, and it seems to be wide open at the bottom.

I haven't used them yet on my pixel 6 Pro, but with my other phones they fit extremely well, buttons were great, feel amazing to hold, look great, and wore extremely well for a leather product. I have the orange one (Terracotta) and the blue one (Cobalt). I'll let you know how the P6Pro versions compare on the phone ;)

Here's the link to the cases I got... the bottoms aren't open, they have a standard case profile all the way around the phone. What I like the most about them is the leather wraps completely around the case, not just a sheet glued on the back... makes them look very premium.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Q%26size%3Dpixel6pro%23slide-1&token=O3LrmEVV

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1