Are you planning to get the Pixel 7?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The requisite, annual inquiry this time of year. Are you planning to buy the Pixel 7?

Unlike past years, I haven't been all over every leak, counting the days 'till the release. Been too busy w/life. But, pretty sure I'll be there on the Play Store day of, hitting F5, F5, F5, F5, F5... until the P7 pre-order form shows up, placing my order, and then excitedly posting my confirmation screenshot on the annual "I ordered a Pixel 7" thread, wondering how my est delivery date compares to others.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I will be replacing my P6 with something. Android 13 fixed all my complaints except the modem. Still has poor reception for me. But this year, I will not preorder. Going to wait to see real reports.

I would really like to find a smaller but high-end phone. An android equivalent to the iPhone mini, but I suppose the market doesn't support it (apple is dropping it from the lineup).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I will be replacing my P6 with something. Android 13 fixed all my complaints except the modem. Still has poor reception for me. But this year, I will not preorder. Going to wait to see real reports.

I would really like to find a smaller but high-end phone. An android equivalent to the iPhone mini, but I suppose the market doesn't support it (apple is dropping it from the lineup).
Yeah finding a mini doesn't look promising:(

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Even though my battery life kinda sucks right now on my P6 pro, I'll be sticking with it another year. I was fine on android 12 so hopefully G pushes a battery fix soon.

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
I'm not particularly happy with my 6 Pro since about July when battery life got worse for me and I also lost wireless charging on my Pixel Stand v2 and also "hey Google" has stopped working. Hopefully those will get worked out and I will stay with the 6 Pro unless the 7 would have a good macro camera option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

ASUS ZenFone 9 would be worth a look!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The requisite, annual inquiry this time of year. Are you planning to buy the Pixel 7?

Unlike past years, I haven't been all over every leak, counting the days 'till the release. Been too busy w/life. But, pretty sure I'll be there on the Play Store day of, hitting F5, F5, F5, F5, F5... until the P7 pre-order form shows up, placing my order, and then excitedly posting my confirmation screenshot on the annual "I ordered a Pixel 7" thread, wondering how my est delivery date compares to others.
I just recently bought the 6 pro on sale a couple months ago. And I got a good deal on it so I kind of feel like I should at least hold on to it for a year. But the 7 is tempting. But I want to see real world reviews on it when it comes out.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm sticking with my Pixel6. Maybe when the 8 comes out but for me this has been one of the best phones I've owned.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of replacing my 4A with the 7. It is near the end of monthly security updates and no more system updates so might be time and as good a reason as any LoL. They were offering $300 trade on the 6A which was a great deal but not sure the 7 will be as generous with the trade in. I'm kind of thinking a little higher end specs all around quality might be worth the extra cash.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with my 6 Pro. Depends on the price of the 7 Pro and what I can get for a trade in. I am hoping that the fp sensor is better on the 7 . Also the 5g modem. I am tempted but we will see what happens. Ok, I'll probably buy it . Got a good credit deal with Google so it's too easy.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of replacing my 4A with the 7. It is near the end of monthly security updates and no more system updates so might be time and as good a reason as any LoL. They were offering $300 trade on the 6A which was a great deal but not sure the 7 will be as generous with the trade in. I'm kind of thinking a little higher end specs all around quality might be worth the extra cash.
Consider keeping the 4a as a spare and putting GrapheneOS on it. It's already been updated to Android 13. Gets updates very often. Also, very secure. Perfect as a backup phone.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm lucky to have a couple of phone contracts so I can upgrade every year so I'll probably upgrade to the 7 Pro as my Son would like my 6 pro... 6 pro for me has been brilliant, no complaints.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The pixel 6 impressed me in such a wayy that I don't think I ever need to buy a pixel device again lol.

Unless Google actually do something cool... but what are the chances?