Are you planning to get the Pixel 7?

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 2XL panda 128GB won't stop powering off when I plug it in to charge, a dealbreaker since i use it for nav in my car and on the motorcycle. I tried cleaning the USB-C power port and doing a factory reset, still does it. I will miss it, i've had it for 5 years. My Motorolo Moto X before it was my first smartphone, so the Pixel 7 i'll be ordering in a few days (black friday sale, white 256GB model) will only be my 3RD smartphone, haha. I hope it lasts me 7 years this time around! Joining the Pixel 7 club by sheer necessity it looks like!

If you are ordering from Google and you want $100 in Google Store credit, PM me before you order and I can give you a referral code. Thanks for any consideration.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Set up my P7P yesterday. Pretty simple. I did have two security updates and they took forever to download in the background. Today will be my first day testing it out. I am planning on keeping it but just in case something on it isn't working right, I'm not resetting my S22+ just yet.

Also, Google already refunded me the $150 for the Black Friday deal on my Synchrony account. After I send my S22 plus in, the total for the P7P will be $250. I'll still be paying Samsung credit for the S22. My alternative was to try and sell it and pay off Samsung. I have about 28 payments left to Samsung and will have 24 months of payments to Google. I haven't totally figured out exactly how much it will end up costing me. I certainly wouldn't have done it without the discount and trade in value.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I was hot on getting the new 7 series device but after some research I decided to stick with my S 22 Ultra maybe the 8 will be my next pixel.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't planning to but thanks to my carrier. I own the 7P. Offer was just too good to pass up.

It could've been better with a $150 Wal-Mart gift card but they couldn't stack codes so I had to order it through my carrier.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't planning to but thanks to my carrier. I own the 7P. Offer was just too good to pass up.

It could've been better with a $150 Wal-Mart gift card but they couldn't stack codes so I had to order it through my carrier.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

This is awesome! Happy Phone Weekend! How are you liking your new Pixel 7 Pro so far? What storage size and colour did you get?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my Pixel 6 Pro. The Pixel 7 would have to offer a lot more for me to spend what it would cost to change. If past Pixel experience is any indication, I will be happily using my Pixel 6 Pro for another couple of years.

On Black Friday, the Google Store offered enough to cause me to order two Pixel 7 Pro's for Kate and me. The deciding factor was the camera's increased telephoto and the close-up abilities. We use the camera a lot.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
For a hundred bucks and my Pixel 5, I could't say no to a new Pixel 7. I had not planned on trading my trusty P5 this early. For that price, it was real hard to say no. Really looking forward to the new phone!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For a hundred bucks and my Pixel 5, I could't say no to a new Pixel 7. I had not planned on trading my trusty P5 this early. For that price, it was real hard to say no. Really looking forward to the new phone!

That's awesome! Congratulations, and Happy Phone Weekend!

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was definitely not planning to, but my Pixel 5 has intermittent data connection issues on T-Mobile, and for $200 to upgrade to a Pixel 7, I figure it can't be any worse. I really want the camera on the 7 Pro,but the 7 is already too big. Really pisses me off that manufacturers keep doing that - give me a smaller phone with a telephoto lens!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was definitely not planning to, but my Pixel 5 has intermittent data connection issues on T-Mobile, and for $200 to upgrade to a Pixel 7, I figure it can't be any worse. I really want the camera on the 7 Pro,but the 7 is already too big. Really pisses me off that manufacturers keep doing that - give me a smaller phone with a telephoto lens!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat. I spilled water on my Pixel 5 (first time I've ever done that!), and now my speakerphone doesn't work. It'll be a matter of time before I get one or the other. I too will probably go for the smaller 7 because the Pro is too big and also too expensive. I wish the smaller phones could come with a telephoto lens, too! So frustrating!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I spilled water on my Pixel 5 (first time I've ever done that!), and now my speakerphone doesn't work. It'll be a matter of time before I get one or the other. I too will probably go for the smaller 7 because the Pro is too big and also too expensive. I wish the smaller phones could come with a telephoto lens, too! So frustrating!
Isn't there a huge trade-in offer right now?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
$400 trade-in for a Pixel 5 (assuming you get full trade value). If the $100 off black Friday sale is still going on, it makes it a very cheap upgrade.

The direct BF/CM sales are over, but it seems they've bumped up the trade-in value on a number of phones (e.g., Pixel 5a now gives $350 trade-in, vs $299 when the sale was running). Add to that the fact that there are codes that can be applied by which you earn an additional $100 credit towards future purchases and there's still great value to be had.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a huge trade-in offer right now?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

I think so! I could get $200-ish for my Pixel 5 but it has to be "in good working condition". The speakerphone is the only thing finicky about it. I may forego the trade-ins and wait for a Christmas or New Year deal! Hubbage says we may get new phones around then. We're both due, it seems!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon