Post your Pixel 7 Pro cases (To give me ideas)

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
First time since I bought the Bellroy case that I'm using my clear Ringke..
ef7ef4a045367f278b80d4b3f565d3dc.jpg
5acd80cf849bde2d03a2839a2f83fa03.jpg

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just bought these two cases on eBay. The main reason is because I have been using a Handl clip on the back of my Ringke Fusion case and there are days that I don't want to have it on the back. I've been trying to get used to it but I'm not sure I like it very much. I also bought a magnetic car mount for my car and this Handl clip won't work with it. I always like having one clear case and a couple of other cases for my phone. I don't really love the Handl car mount either.
6037c4b273d0afbd9cabc9c9da767ffb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just bought these two cases on eBay. The main reason is because I have been using a Handl clip on the back of my Ringke Fusion case and there are days that I don't want to have it on the back. I've been trying to get used to it but I'm not sure I like it very much. I also bought a magnetic car mount for my car and this Handl clip won't work with it. I always like having one clear case and a couple of other cases for my phone. I don't really love the Handl car mount either. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221126/6037c4b273d0afbd9cabc9c9da767ffb.jpg

That first case is the case I have been using for my 7p since I got it. I like it

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
That first case is the case I have been using for my 7p since I got it. I like it

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
Nice. I'm all about buying cheap cases. Whenever I have a clear case on, the dust that gets stuck under it annoyed me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried out the Caseology Nano Pop case, which I received free from the Amazon Vine program (in exchange for an unbiased review). Caseology is pretty much the only well-known case maker that was available through this program -- the others were Chinese manufacturers with those alphabet-soup brand names like SUVHIAL (I literally just mashed the keyboard for that one).

Definitely a solid, sturdy case, with a nice visual pop from the yellow trim around the camera. I was afraid the material would be too slippery, but it's actually fine, especially after handling it for a while -- but the downside is that the back collects fingerprints pretty easily. The lower half of both side edges has a nice roughened texture that improves grip. There's also a lanyard hole, essential to me for travel.

I also thought this would be way too bulky, and although it is slightly wider than the X-Level microfiber case, it still feels totally manageable.

20221126_175756.jpg

20221126_180037_2.jpg

20221126_180117_2.jpg

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I tried out the Caseology Nano Pop case, which I received free from the Amazon Vine program (in exchange for an unbiased review). Caseology is pretty much the only well-known case maker that was available through this program -- the others were Chinese manufacturers with those alphabet-soup brand names like SUVHIAL (I literally just mashed the keyboard for that one).

Definitely a solid, sturdy case, with a nice visual pop from the yellow trim around the camera. I was afraid the material would be too slippery, but it's actually fine, especially after handling it for a while -- but the downside is that the back collects fingerprints pretty easily. The lower half of both side edges has a nice roughened texture that improves grip. There's also a lanyard hole, essential to me for travel.

I also thought this would be way too bulky, and although it is slightly wider than the X-Level microfiber case, it still feels totally manageable.

View attachment 350084

View attachment 350085

View attachment 350086
How's the side protection? Some case will expose it while covered top and bottom. Any cut out for antenna?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How's the side protection? Some case will expose it while covered top and bottom. Any cut out for antenna?

Side protection will almost always be suboptimal for these phones with a curved screen, since they want to make sure they're not blocking any image at the edge, or the ability to touch it there. This case is about flush with the screen along the sides, so it's a little more protection than other cases I've seen.

There is no cutout for the mmWave 5G antenna at the top. I don't think there's much mmWave in my area on T-Mobile, so it's hard to tell if this has any impact. It'd be interesting to hear if anyone has any definitive evidence that a cutout there helps with mmWave reception.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Received my Crimson Red Latercase today . Love the color.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_062406.png
    Screenshot_20221130_062406.png
    502.1 KB · Views: 40

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Sorry no The phone is in the case. Looks exactly like the pic above. Maybe a little darker because I have the black 7PRO.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
On the Belroy for a 7 Pro, is the screen slightly recessed into the case so the sides stick up a bit around the screen such that it provides screen protection when the phone is placed placed "screen down" on a flat surface?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
On the Belroy for a 7 Pro, is the screen slightly recessed into the case so the sides stick up a bit around the screen such that it provides screen protection when the phone is placed placed "screen down" on a flat surface?
The top and bottom have a very small lip but helps when placing the phone face down ..case is very slim so minimal all around but tight fit

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Side protection will almost always be suboptimal for these phones with a curved screen, since they want to make sure they're not blocking any image at the edge, or the ability to touch it there. This case is about flush with the screen along the sides, so it's a little more protection than other cases I've seen.

There is no cutout for the mmWave 5G antenna at the top. I don't think there's much mmWave in my area on T-Mobile, so it's hard to tell if this has any impact. It'd be interesting to hear if anyone has any definitive evidence that a cutout there helps with mmWave reception.
I went with Athlex version. The grip is better than most I tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34