pixel 7 celler Modems

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Doing some speed tests between my iphone 13pro and the Pixel 7 pro. Both on T-Mobile, pixel has esim iphone has physical sim.

I am using ookla on both phones and the iphone pretty much always wins. The margin is generally from 100mbps-200mbps faster on the 13 pro compared to the Pixel 7 pro. The fastest I have seen on the Pixel is 391mbps is really good. The iphone 13 pro still hit 491mbps when tested at the same time.

No way to really test my s22u with out a bunch of work with switching. My account is still with sprint so I have to go to the website and manually active the device everytime I switch.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Doing some speed tests between my iphone 13pro and the Pixel 7 pro. Both on T-Mobile, pixel has esim iphone has physical sim.

I am using ookla on both phones and the iphone pretty much always wins. The margin is generally from 100mbps-200mbps faster on the 13 pro compared to the Pixel 7 pro. The fastest I have seen on the Pixel is 391mbps is really good. The iphone 13 pro still hit 491mbps when tested at the same time.

No way to really test my s22u with out a bunch of work with switching. My account is still with sprint so I have to go to the website and manually active the device everytime I switch.

Testing speed test in chrome on T-Mobile pixel 7pro crushed my iPhone 14 pro max but doing speed test in safari about same

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to have the Verizon version to use their service or can you use the unlocked version from the Google store?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Do you have to have the Verizon version to use their service or can you use the unlocked version from the Google store?

For the first time ever I bought us both unlocked versions directly from Google and not the Verizon version of a phone. We both get 5G service (Pixel 7 and a 7 Pro) and texting works fine. My understanding is that the Verizon version comes with 5G mmWave and the unlocked does not. We don't have 5G mmWave in our city, so I'm not missing anything without it. So far, no issues with our unlocked models on the Verizon network

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
For the first time ever I bought us both unlocked versions directly from Google and not the Verizon version of a phone. We both get 5G service (Pixel 7 and a 7 Pro) and texting works fine. My understanding is that the Verizon version comes with 5G mmWave and the unlocked does not. We don't have 5G mmWave in our city, so I'm not missing anything without it. So far, no issues with our unlocked models on the Verizon network

Thanks for the info. I have the unlocked version. That will be good enough for me because Verizon is the only carrier in my area that works. I can't even get 5G here yet. It will probably be a long time until I do.

I really appreciate the info because Straight Talk on Verizon has problems with the Pixel 7 Pro even though the 6 worked great.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I have an unlocked phone on Verizon and I do see the UW checked off but I haven't really tested it to really know if it's working as advertised
fbec4afd83d0f1f7bb48073ef8fd978c.jpg

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I do not have a ton of experience yet, but it has been mixed. For the most prat, I have not noticed issues, although I have not really been focused so much on signal. I did have a situation a couple days ago where I was in an area that showed strong 5G signal and nothing would load. I kept trying different things and nothing. I had to toggle airplane mode on and off and then I could actually do what I needed to do. When I have tested signal strength readings, they are about average. Not great, but not terrible. I have had other phones show better signal in the same area. I am on AT&T.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

You are mostly correct. The 7 Pro has mmWave 5G no matter where you get it. The regular 7 will not get Verizon mmWave 5G unless you buy it from them.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No issues for me. My connectivity has been the same as it was on my Pixel 2 and my Pixel 5. I have mostly solid signal but at work I did get 0-3 bars just depending on where I am in the building. The experience has been the same as always in those areas.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
No issues for me. My connectivity has been the same as it was on my Pixel 2 and my Pixel 5. I have mostly solid signal but at work I did get 0-3 bars just depending on where I am in the building. The experience has been the same as always in those areas.
Carrier??

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I will say on T Mobile, I have gotten a few times the exclamation point on my signal bar. Which I've never gotten on any phone or carrier before.

But also I've in a location for training on a new job that I've never been before also. So not sure what to think.

Sent from my [P7P] using AC Forums mobile app

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I will say on T Mobile, I have gotten a few times the exclamation point on my signal bar. Which I've never gotten on any phone or carrier before.

But also I've in a location for training on a new job that I've never been before also. So not sure what to think.

Sent from my [P7P] using AC Forums mobile app
I think the ! Is for your phone telling you how awesome it is in my opinion

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'll post my experience later in the week once my phone arrives and I get it setup. I work in an area where cell signal is very bad. Many people with different model phones can't get a signal in the parking lot, always walking around trying to get some service. My Pixel 4XL and Pixel 6 both get decent signal in this area, good enough for calls and texts (forget about data). Hopefully my new P7 is just as good or better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
On Verizon. Unlocked Pixel 7. I'm getting the same reception at work that I did with my 4XL and P6. Not great where I work, but better than other phone models. I'm getting good 5G and/or LTE reception around town and at my house, just as good as all previous phones.

Everyone's experience and use-case is going to vary, that's inevitable with any new phone. Buy for me, cell reception is fine and suits my usage.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You are mostly correct. The 7 Pro has mmWave 5G no matter where you get it. The regular 7 will not get Verizon mmWave 5G unless you buy it from them.

Yep that's the same as the 6/6 Pro... one of the "perks" of getting a Pro model.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Mine was better until today. Had two separate phone calls drop more than one time. Each time the phone call began fine and the connection seemed good for maybe 5 to 10 minutes but then the call would drop. I'm at home with a very strong and consistent Wi-Fi connection and WiFi calling is enabled. My cell service at home seems to vary from poor to decent but never great. I haven't had any similar issues or drops at home while using YouTube or streaming music or surfing the web. Any ideas about what is going on would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37