Straight Talk on Verizon SIM APN

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
To save a lot of hassle, it might be worth it to get a cheaper or prepaid Verizon plan... you won't get deprioritized, and Straight Talk has a bad reputation for unhelpful/unknowledgeable customer service. Or you could just keep the 6 Pro for another year and upgrade to the 8, since the 7's don't seem to be working with Straight Talk very well, if at all.

And your SIM is not "locked" to your P6Pro... that's a perfect example of Straight Talk's ineptitude. That ineptitude is probably a good part of the reason pixel 7's aren't working well on their network. This sounds like a headache in the making unfortunately :-\
Thanks for your idea. I got my 6 PRO working again with Straight Talk and my old phone number. It was an ordeal but I finally got a guy who could do it. He verified my SIM and IMEI and had me punch in a dialer code and Voila!

I got an RMA for the 7 Pro. Google tried to talk me onto more troubleshooting but they finally gave in. .

Both calls took about 2 hours but at least I am back in business with the 6 PRO.

When the dust settles I will buy one again probably Verizon though the Google Store.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm following this situation closely because I've been planning to get the Pixel 7, but I'm on Total Wireless, which also is not working right now. Hopefully they get this resolved soon. I was really looking forward to the 7.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Threads like this make me glad I never had anything to do with Verizon ……… ever.

I feel bad for folks who live where it is the only useable network.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Threads like this make me glad I never had anything to do with Verizon ……… ever.

I feel bad for folks who live where it is the only useable network.

My backup line is through TracFone, which is owned by Verizon. I've never been a fan of Verizon, but I have to admit for an MVNO they have been just as good as our AT&T account signal and data wise. And even surprisingly decent with updates. I haven't had to use their cs but I imagine it's probably not the best. But for 6 bucks a month I'm not complaining :p

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
My backup line is through TracFone, which is owned by Verizon. I've never been a fan of Verizon, but I have to admit for an MVNO they have been just as good as our AT&T account signal and data wise. And even surprisingly decent with updates. I haven't had to use their cs but I imagine it's probably not the best. But for 6 bucks a month I'm not complaining :p
I pay $15 per month to Mint Mobile, but if you live where T-Mobile is not good, they won’t work.

You get 4 GB of data and you have to pay for a year to get that price.

Their CS has been good.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm following this situation closely because I'm on Total by Verizon and really want to get a Pixel 7. As of yesterday I've seen some posts on the Pixel support page that say that after the November carrier services update the 7 does now work with the Verizon MVNO's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have straight talk on my main phone. I will try to keep it. I switched another phone number from straight talk to Red Pocket on an old iPhone. It worked but customer service was a challenge in both. I do think that Red Pocket is better. They are both Verizon MVNOs.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Another MVNO you might want to look at is Spectrum of they're available in your area. They're currently running a deal where they're offering 2 lines or more for $29.99 each. Spectrum uses Verizon's network.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Another MVNO you might want to look at is Spectrum of they're available in your area. They're currently running a deal where they're offering 2 lines or more for $29.99 each. Spectrum uses Verizon's network.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately they don't cover my area. Rural GA near the SC line. Hilton Head and Bluffton.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Going to try to activate the sim without the phone. It will come tomorrow. ..

The sim comes today via UPS.

I noticed that the IMEI of the phone is on the Google store order so I should have everything that I need.

I assume that it will give me the option to transfer my existing phone number at the same time..

If this doesn't work I will have to call customer service tomorrow.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well it might have worked. The activation process went fine. My 6 Pro no longer has phone service!

When the 7 Pro comes tomorrow it should have phone service once I install the SIM.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been with US mobile (verizon) with P6 pro and 7 pro with out any problems. Switching sims between Samsung and Pixel also never a problem.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well it might have worked. The activation process went fine. My 6 Pro no longer has phone service!

When the 7 Pro comes tomorrow it should have phone service once I install the SIM.

It works!!! Pixel 7 Pro on Straight Talk Verizon. There were a few hiccups but I didn't have to call customer service. Now I can box up my 6 Pro and get my trade-in credit from Google.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
It works!!! Pixel 7 Pro on Straight Talk Verizon. There were a few hiccups but I didn't have to call customer service. Now I can box up my 6 Pro and get my trade-in credit from Google.

So you activated the sim before putting it in the phone and it worked?

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So you activated the sim before putting it in the phone and it worked?
Yes. Once I saw the IMEI I knew it was possible. It took a while to activate after I inserted the SIM. I also ran an Android 13 QPR Beta update too. Coincidence?

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this is a common problem with the 7s and Straight Talk. The only thing I can think of is that I enrolled in the Android QPR Beta. After it rebooted everything was working. I don't know if Google fixed it or what?

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
One other person has gotten this to work by installing the Android 13 QPR Beta.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Anymore updates on this issue? It looks like my old Pixel 3 is finally done, I can't make or receive calls. I really want the 7 but not if it's going to be a real hassle to get it to work on Total Wireless. I was hoping there would be some official resolution before I was forced to upgrade.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Anymore updates on this issue? It looks like my old Pixel 3 is finally done, I can't make or receive calls. I really want the 7 but not if it's going to be a real hassle to get it to work on Total Wireless. I was hoping there would be some official resolution before I was forced to upgrade.
Not in my case. Still working fine through Straight Talk Verizon (TracFone). I used the method previously described.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith