12-17-2022 10:41 AM
217 123 ...
tools
    Have any of you dropped off your Google store trade in with USPS yet? I got the USPS trading kit yesterday and was wondering if I have to actually go into the USPS store and hand over the trade in box or if I can just drop into any of the USPS collection boxes?

This is my first Google trade-in since most of the time I just used to sell the previous gen device locally. This time I'm getting lower offers locally than trade in value for the P6 Pro, so proceeding with the trade in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    10-18-2022 11:00 AM
    My trade-in is supposed to be delivered by tomorrow

10-18-2022 11:05 AM
    Have any of you dropped off your Google store trade in with USPS yet? I got the USPS trading kit yesterday and was wondering if I have to actually go into the USPS store and hand over the trade in box or if I can just drop into any of the USPS collection boxes?

This is my first Google trade-in since most of the time I just used to sell the previous gen device locally. This time I'm getting lower offers locally than trade in value for the P6 Pro, so proceeding with the trade in.

I handed mine to an actual person at the post office. I didn't feel comfy throwing it in a box where it could be missed. Just my OCD.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    Scott337 and bhatech like this.
    10-18-2022 11:47 AM
    I'm with @bassplayrguy I have two trade in boxes to return and I am taking them to a post office and physically handing to a person and asking for a receipt. For me that's $900 worth of credit back to me and I want confirmation that the USPS has my boxes. I know there are tracking numbers on the box and will watch that progress on line as they move. I still want to personally see a rep take the boxes from me and give me a receipt. Especially after UPS lost my wife's P7 Pro for a few days and couldn't find it. I want to avoid any trade in issues if at all possible.
    10-18-2022 11:51 AM
    Just dropped off my trade in at the post office and got the receipt. Had to wait around 15 minutes for a clerk though, but it was worth the wait.
    Scott337 and bhatech like this.
    10-18-2022 12:27 PM
    and here I was going to just leave mine at the mail drop at work for the on-site mail handlers to pick up and make available for the mail carrier.

I was going to do this tomorrow.
    10-18-2022 01:13 PM
    My trade in kit is due to come today. I will def be handing it off and getting a receipt. I think for peace of mind it is worth it.
    10-18-2022 01:16 PM
    Take a picture of the return shipping label that you stick to the box. You can track it with the barcode numbers.

Wish I thought about this an hour ago when I dropped my return in the big blue box LOL, but I have done this before on pre-paid shipping labels before. it works.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-18-2022 01:19 PM
    Thanks everyone !! Will do the same and go to the post office, drop it off with an actual person and get drop off receipt

10-18-2022 01:21 PM
    Take a picture of the return shipping label that you stick to the box. You can track it with the barcode numbers.

Wish I thought about this an hour ago when I dropped my return in the big blue box LOL, but I have done this before on pre-paid shipping labels before. it works.
    Great tip. Thanks
    10-18-2022 01:21 PM

Good tip, but you can also track if you go to order details of the trade in at store.google.com

It'll show the tracking of your trade in package that you dropped off at USPS

diesel97 and ramcharger1979 like this.
    10-18-2022 01:23 PM
    Dropped off at post office !!! From west coast to Tennessee. Gonna take a week to deliver

Emperor likes this.
    10-18-2022 02:10 PM

You can track it through the Google store as well

diesel97 likes this.
    10-18-2022 04:15 PM
    Mine shows delivered to Google yesterday.

bhatech likes this.
    10-18-2022 04:29 PM
    Everyone's going to Tennessee or we have multiple trade-in vendors like Samsung has? Texas, Tennessee etc

bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-18-2022 04:30 PM
    Everyone's going to Tennessee or we have multiple trade-in vendors like Samsung has? Texas, Tennessee etc

Laverne TN

bhatech likes this.
    10-18-2022 04:31 PM
    Handed mine off to the USPS today, expected arrival is Saturday. The agent recognized it as a phone and slapped a 'haz-mat' sticker on it, forcing it to ground shipping.

I DID record the process of wiping the phone following the provided directions and then packing it in the envelope and then sealing the box..
    10-19-2022 03:49 PM
    The postal service lost my trade in package, went to a post office in the wrong city. Whoops! Hopefully they find it soon, and if not I hope Google is good about sending another. I want my $400 discount.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2022 08:55 PM
    The postal service lost my trade in package, went to a post office in the wrong city. Whoops! Hopefully they find it soon, and if not I hope Google is good about sending another. I want my $400 discount.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    As long as Google says the USPS has a record of them receiving it you should be good
    Scott337 likes this.
    10-19-2022 08:58 PM
    Got an email that they receoved it but has not been inspected yet.

bhatech and diesel97 like this.
    10-19-2022 09:07 PM
    Always drop mine at the post office (Which is a minute away). Gotta have that receipt and tracking #.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-19-2022 09:47 PM
    Just got the email that they inspected my trade in and will apply my credit if $440!

bhatech, Scott337 and bkdodger2 like this.
    10-20-2022 07:51 AM
    Is it just me or does it feel too flimsy just in the envelope and then put it in the box? There's too much wiggle room.

Did anyone else pack with bubble wrap as a precaution?
    10-20-2022 10:35 AM
    Is it just me or does it feel too flimsy just in the envelope and then put it in the box? There's too much wiggle room.

Did anyone else pack with bubble wrap as a precaution?
    I thought the same thing, but this is what they wanted so I left it. I did try folding over the top of the padded envelope, in the hopes the phone wouldn't slide out.
    BrwnSuga3 likes this.
    10-20-2022 10:55 AM
    I thought the same thing, but this is what they wanted so I left it. I did try folding over the top of the padded envelope, in the hopes the phone wouldn't slide out.
    Thanks!! Thought I was the only one, I'm dropping mine off today.
    10-20-2022 10:56 AM
217 123 ...