12-19-2022 07:09 PM
41 12
tools
    I checked with the other end at the iPhone today, and they got a complete new text message (not back where the original message was) with the emoji reaction I sent and with also a: "...to: xyz" indication. The iPhone user basically now has it worse than I do in terms of richness for the reaction emojis to be displayed under/on/with actual respective earlier messages. Regardless, still overall a massive step forward for richer (emoji/reaction based) SMS interoperability, in my opinion.
    Not that I wish a less than ideal experience on those who choose to use iOS devises, but I do find confess to finding some guilty pleasure in that, given how long I had to deal with XXXX reacted 'Like' to "-------------------------" fully quoting the entire body of the text to which iOS users had reacted
    11-21-2022 09:37 AM
    I checked with the other end at the iPhone today, and they got a complete new text message (not back where the original message was) with the emoji reaction I sent and with also a: "...to: xyz" indication. The iPhone user basically now has it worse than I do in terms of richness for the reaction emojis to be displayed under/on/with actual respective earlier messages. Regardless, still overall a massive step forward for richer (emoji/reaction based) SMS interoperability, in my opinion.
    I can confirm that is how iPhone users see a reaction from my P7 (this feature started working for me a few days ago). One iPhone user thought I was manually typing in that response, lol.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    11-21-2022 06:46 PM
    I can confirm that is how iPhone users see a reaction from my P7 (this feature started working for me a few days ago). One iPhone user thought I was manually typing in that response, lol.
    I used to manually type in those irritating responses to an ex-family member by marriage that was allowed to stay on the family thread.

They are an iPhone user who liked & loved everything. [Gag] So I typed out those long annoying responses to everything they texted. Eventually, that individual stopped the reactions on their end, so I stopped my manually typed ones. I doubt if they ever totally understood what was going on.
    1raygin and pseudoware like this.
    11-21-2022 07:01 PM
    Not that I wish a less than ideal experience on those who choose to use iOS devises, but I do find confess to finding some guilty pleasure in...
    It's not going to take Apple long to figure out how to "fix" how their phones process those incoming reaction SMS messages from the Google Messages App. In fact, I won't be surprised if a bit of a developer war brews up for a bit. Just think of how easy it would be for Apple to format their "reaction messages" in a slightly different way, a way that will at least temporarily break how Google is successfully parsing meaning from what iOS Phones are sending. Google could then do the same the other direction. Hopefully, the war won't happen but instead some stable richness interoperability will result. Samsung needs to also follow with their Samsung Messages App.
    11-21-2022 09:58 PM
    I can still only react with the seven preset emojis. Does anyone have the feature that enables reacting with any available emoji? If so, are you on either the beta OS or beta Messages app, or both?
    Tomster88 likes this.
    12-13-2022 04:05 PM
    I can still only react with the seven preset emojis. Does anyone have the feature that enables reacting with any available emoji? If so, are you on either the beta OS or beta Messages app, or both?
    Yes, at the end of preset emoji there is a button that takes you to a full list of emojis.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    pseudoware likes this.
    12-14-2022 06:41 AM
    Yes, at the end of preset emoji there is a button that takes you to a full list of emojis.

Pixel 7 Pro here, OS & all apps updated, but I'm not seeing any other button - this is what I get after long pressing on a text to which I want to add a reaction:

Can anyone send Google Messages SMS reactions?-screenshot-2022-12-14-091831.png
    pseudoware likes this.
    12-14-2022 09:20 AM
    That's also the extent of what I have.
    12-14-2022 05:01 PM
    This is what I have. Notice the last icon on the right.

pseudoware likes this.
    12-14-2022 07:20 PM
    If you are using Gboard you will find the circled smiley face in the lower left corner and you will find everything that you need.Can anyone send Google Messages SMS reactions?-screenshot_20221214-183038.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    12-14-2022 07:32 PM
    Mine seems to be working on my Pixel 5!
    pseudoware likes this.
    12-14-2022 08:57 PM
    If you are using Gboard you will find the circled smiley face in the lower left corner and you will find everything that you need...
    I'm not sure that's the same as what's being discussed.
    rvbfan, BerryBubbles and bkeaver like this.
    12-17-2022 02:51 PM
    I'm not sure that's the same as what's being discussed.
    Well, that definitely gets me to all available emojis
    But yeah, not for msg reactions.
    12-19-2022 04:44 PM
    This is what I have. Notice the last icon on the right. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...75597a8810.jpg

IIRC you're on the beta release. Tempted to go there, as well.
    12-19-2022 04:49 PM
    They are slowly rolling it out to users. Not everyone gets it yet
    12-19-2022 06:37 PM
    I still don't have all emojis either. Just the original seven.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    12-19-2022 07:09 PM
41 12