12-19-2022 07:09 PM
41 12
tools
    https://9to5google.com/2022/09/30/re...ogle-messages/

This worked for me on my P6P (SMS/MMS, not just RCS) w/beta Google Messages but doesn't with my P7. Wondering if it does for anyone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-19-2022 03:11 PM
    There was some talk about it over in this other thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?t=1037629
    pseudoware and Morty2264 like this.
    10-19-2022 06:53 PM
    Yes, I use these.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    10-20-2022 07:52 AM
    Once it comes out of beta and goes mainstream, I sure hope it doesn't work only as described in that article, for Android to Android. I sure hope Android to Android doesn't get the "...reacted to" thing.
    10-20-2022 08:04 AM
    Once it comes out of beta and goes mainstream, I sure hope it doesn't work only as described in that article, for Android to Android. I sure hope Android to Android doesn't get the "...reacted to" thing.
    If it's SMS, unfortunately that's how it will work. Both iPhone and Android SMS messages will see
    <emoji> to [text of message reacted to]

Here's a recent article that doesn't exactly describe the reaction receiver's experience accurately

https://www.businessinsider.com/goog...essage-2022-10
    10-20-2022 04:53 PM
    Yes it works on my P6P

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    10-20-2022 05:00 PM
    If it's SMS, unfortunately that's how it will work. Both iPhone and Android SMS messages will see
    to [text of message reacted to]...
    But that's not how it works right now when I get a reaction from an iPhone over SMS. When such happens (as part of iPhone reaction settings), the emoji shows up against the actual text bubble, not as a new/different "reacted to" text bubble. The other article seemed to suggest Android to Android would still get the new separate "reacted to" text bubble when they send each other emoji reactions.
    10-20-2022 05:09 PM
    But that's not how it works right now when I get a reaction from an iPhone over SMS. When such happens (as part of iPhone reaction settings), the emoji shows up against the actual text bubble, not as a new/different "reacted to" text bubble. The other article seemed to suggest Android to Android would still get the new separate "reacted to" text bubble when they send each other emoji reactions.
    You're right about how Android sees reactions from iPhones. Google made that change a few months ago. I can try to confirm Android to Android, but iPhone users will definitely sees a new text msgs bubble. It will be interesting to see if Apple tries to handle those differently. The ironic thing is, when an iPhone user reacts to a msg in a mixed group text, Android users properly see an emoji on the msg while other iPhone users get a separate"loved whatever msg" text, lol.
    10-20-2022 06:02 PM
    ...but iPhone users will definitely sees a new text msgs bubble...when an iPhone user reacts to a msg in a mixed group text, Android users properly see an emoji on the msg while other iPhone users get a separate"loved whatever msg" text, lol.
    Haha.... If I didn't know better I'd suggest a bit of an upcoming minor software development war might happen in the near future between Google and Apple Messaging app developers. The benefit would be improved experiences for both sets of users. Maybe one of them will slip in an "encrypted sms" feature (ability of two sms users to negotiate and send each other encryption keys, all only via sms), and then that would "force" the other to do the same.
    pseudoware likes this.
    10-20-2022 07:33 PM
    Works on my LG V60 and I used it with replying to my friends with iphones. Need to try on my Pixel 6
    pseudoware likes this.
    10-21-2022 09:04 AM
    Still waiting for this to work on my P7 like it did ok on my P6P, sounds like it's just a matter of time.

“Messages app now allows Android users to react to SMS messages with emoji..."

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/20/...-replies-stars
    wyelkins likes this.
    10-23-2022 02:11 AM
    I am not sure when my reactions started working, I noticed last week I could respond to iPhone users text, with emoji.
    pseudoware likes this.
    10-23-2022 08:08 AM
    I just noticed now when I get a reaction from an iPhone user I get the text bubble whereas I have been getting the emoji at the bottom corner of the original message. I have iPhone reactions toggle on in settings. This is a step backwards.
    10-23-2022 10:54 AM
    https://9to5google.com/2022/09/30/re...ogle-messages/

This worked for me on my P6P (SMS/MMS, not just RCS) w/beta Google Messages but doesn't with my P7. Wondering if it does for anyone.
    Is this for only beta version?

10-23-2022 11:42 AM
    I think you have to activate the option by going to settings/advanced

This is on my 6 Pro. I can't remember if the 7 Pro was any different but I don't think so.

10-23-2022 12:07 PM
    You should probably edit out your phone number

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    wyelkins and mustang7757 like this.
    10-23-2022 12:19 PM
    I think you have to activate the option by going to settings/advanced

This is on my 6 Pro. I can't remember if the 7 Pro was any different but I don't think so.

You should probably edit out your phone number

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I removed the photo lol

rvbfan likes this.
    10-23-2022 12:21 PM
    I removed the photo lol

Thanks, I forgot.

mustang7757 likes this.
    10-23-2022 12:22 PM
    I just noticed now when I get a reaction from an iPhone user I get the text bubble whereas I have been getting the emoji at the bottom corner of the original message. I have iPhone reactions toggle on in settings. This is a step backwards.
    Edit. The recent update shows iPhone reactions correctly again for me. Though still no option to react to an iPhone message when long pressed.
    10-25-2022 08:36 AM
    I can react to iPhone messages using Fold 4 not in beta

10-28-2022 09:13 AM
    I have been able to on beta Quarterly release.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    10-28-2022 11:51 AM
    Anyone have this feature on their P7 yet? I'm on Beta Messenges, and my P6 and OnePlus have it but still waiting on my P7.
    11-17-2022 01:51 PM
    Not for Pixel, but I can confirm that sending reactions to SMSs (received from iPhones) is now possible from my Samsung A21 using Google Messages App, not on beta.

Today I long pressed an SMS message I received from an iPhone, and there it was, a small set of emojis I could select. Once selected/sent, the emoji reaction shows on my end as desired under the applicable received text I reacted to. I don't yet know what it looks like on the iPhone end (in terms of correctly under the applicable text or a separate "reacted to" message). Will find that out later.
    11-19-2022 05:42 PM
    Not on pixel 7/pro, but maybe applicable as I'm on pixel 6 pro. I have never been able to until last week. I reset my chat features setting in the messenger app. After that, I was able to send reactions, but it seems to be hit or miss. Some conversations I'm able to, some not. Have not figured out the difference yet.
    11-19-2022 07:37 PM
    Not for Pixel, but I can confirm that sending reactions to SMSs (received from iPhones) is now possible from my Samsung A21 using Google Messages App, not on beta.

Today I long pressed an SMS message I received from an iPhone, and there it was, a small set of emojis I could select. Once selected/sent, the emoji reaction shows on my end as desired under the applicable received text I reacted to. I don't yet know what it looks like on the iPhone end (in terms of correctly under the applicable text or a separate "reacted to" message). Will find that out later.
    I checked with the other end at the iPhone today, and they got a complete new text message (not back where the original message was) with the emoji reaction I sent and with also a: "...to: xyz" indication. The iPhone user basically now has it worse than I do in terms of richness for the reaction emojis to be displayed under/on/with actual respective earlier messages. Regardless, still overall a massive step forward for richer (emoji/reaction based) SMS interoperability, in my opinion.
    pseudoware likes this.
    11-20-2022 01:40 PM
41 12