S22 ultra to pixel 7 pro

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just checked and I still owe $850 for my 256gb S22+ through Samsung. So I think I will hold off until next year or at least pay a little extra. We do have some money coming in in the next month so I may pay off one of my other Samsung devices. Either my watch or Tab S8. Or just paying down on my phone so I can sell it in the future. I don't foresee ever getting rid of my Tablet or watch. I will likely upgrade my phone before upgrading those two.

I foresee myself not buying another Samsung phone. Instead I'll probably wait about 6 months and reevaluating my feelings towards this phone.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thinking of trading my s22 ultra for the 7pro they will give me 900 for my s22 so the pro will only cost me the tax of 58 dollars. Looking for people that did the same and how do you feel between the two devices.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I came from the s22U to the pixel 7pro and I love it. I was a Samsung guy since the s2. I still love Samsung but was not impressed with my s22u. I bought the 8gb version and learned my lesson. The pixel is smoother, faster, more asthetically pleasing, better battery life, no bloat, cameras as good if not better, astrophotography and macro that the Samsung doesn't do and all for $400 less money. I miss some of the feature and the pen but I will get the s23u and have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a Flip, and I can say all the extra customizing I can do is fun, if a little overwhelming lol. I'll be keeping it along with my 6 Pro, but only because it folds... if it was a slab I'd be taking the pixel over it all day, because the pixel has the features I count on and use every day, and the Samsung software lacks those features, but just seems to give me more things to play with.

In the end I need my phone to be a phone number 1, and the pixel just seems better at that for me.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of trading my s22 ultra for the 7pro they will give me 900 for my s22 so the pro will only cost me the tax of 58 dollars. Looking for people that did the same and how do you feel between the two devices.

I traded my S22 Ultra for the P7P and never looked back. Of course, there are a few little things I miss because the Galaxy phones are so customizable but all the Pixel features drown them out. I think other people have already laid it out here so I won't repeat.

I think the P7P is thinner and a little lighter (or at least it feels that way) which is nice.

$900 is amazing. Take it while it's there.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I miss a lot, if I'm being honest. I use DEX quite a bit, edge panel with preset split screen apps set up, pop-up apps (or whatever it's called where you have a mini floating app), I'm not a huge S Pen user but it's nice to have for those times you need to be precise or sign documents.
Then there's some of the cool customization Samsung's offer - can tweak AOD, edge lighting notifications, etc. Are these a necessity? Absolutely not, but fun to have and change up every now and then to get a new look/feel.

BUT ... I love the handy features the Pixel offers. As mentioned, voice to text dictation is insanely accurate and some I use often. Call screening is great, hold for me is awesome, being able to say "answer" when the phone is ringing is great. And the camera is phenomenal with some nice features like long exposure and action pan.

So, long post even longer ... I need a hybrid Galaxy-Pixel LOL

Don't we all ;)

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Great comparison between the two. I have the S22+ and would love to see someone compare this to the regular Pixel 7 as I'm not a fan of tall and narrow curved edge screens.
I can help. Keep the S22+ if I'm in your case.

Pixel 7 has a smaller screen which it's hard to adjust too for me at least :). The text is harder to read on default setting. Finger scanner is not worth searching for thin glass protector on benzo store.

Pixel 7 can goes again Samsung S22.

If you decide to test Pixel 7 then go Pro.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just left best buy and the pro seems like a very nice device the regular 7 is too small for me I may pull the trigger for the pro today before the trade in amount get any smaller.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I still have both phones. I did not trade-in my S22U, I bought the P7P outright. I generally try to keep two personal phones and after I sold my P6P, I found myself with the S22U only. I like to keep two phones for trade-in for a brands next release. In a nutshell, I kept my S22U for the S23U trade-in. That said, at this point, I could stick with the P7P until the Pixel8 and skip the Samsung. I know this will change when the leaks for S23U begin.

I have put my sim card in my P7P since release day and haven't looked back. The Google experience is really good this time around, out of the box. The P6P took so many updates to remove annoyances, and for some the modem connectivity was never fixed.

S22U pluses - S-Pen, customizations, strong connectivity, camera
P7P pluses - Kind of like iPhone(it just works), point & shoot camera, voice everything, phone & call functions, price

The P7P has been a great experience, vs. the P6P. I liked the P6P, but didn't love it, thus I sold it.

I don't want to repeat everything already said in this thread. Both phones have their merits.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I still have both phones. I did not trade-in my S22U, I bought the P7P outright. I generally try to keep two personal phones and after I sold my P6P, I found myself with the S22U only. I like to keep two phones for trade-in for a brands next release. In a nutshell, I kept my S22U for the S23U trade-in. That said, at this point, I could stick with the P7P until the Pixel8 and skip the Samsung. I know this will change when the leaks for S23U begin.

I have put my sim card in my P7P since release day and haven't looked back. The Google experience is really good this time around, out of the box. The P6P took so many updates to remove annoyances, and for some the modem connectivity was never fixed.

S22U pluses - S-Pen, customizations, strong connectivity, camera
P7P pluses - Kind of like iPhone(it just works), point & shoot camera, voice everything, phone & call functions, price

The P7P has been a great experience, vs. the P6P. I liked the P6P, but didn't love it, thus I sold it.

I don't want to repeat everything already said in this thread. Both phones have their merits.
How do you feel the camera is next to the S22 ultra better or worse?

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
How do you feel the camera is next to the S22 ultra better or worse?

Better, in most situations. No Pro mode on Pixel if you are someone that uses that. It has never been about hardware with Pixel. Their software processing is great and it works in synergy with the installed hardware, which is why you won't get the exact same results using a G-Cam iteration.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Better, in most situations. No Pro mode on Pixel if you are someone that uses that. It has never been about hardware with Pixel. Their software processing is great and it works in synergy with the installed hardware, which is why you won't get the exact same results using a G-Cam iteration.

You're right. Software processing is huge with Pixels.

Ddust14

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Pixel is definitely the way to go on Android. It just feels smoother, smarter and more alive. It's always thinking. Best pictures on a smart phone. Feature drops keep the phone newer for longer. I don't care for one ui. I'd take call screening, hold for me etc over the abundance of useless features from one ui for me.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I have a Flip, and I can say all the extra customizing I can do is fun, if a little overwhelming lol. I'll be keeping it along with my 6 Pro, but only because it folds... if it was a slab I'd be taking the pixel over it all day, because the pixel has the features I count on and use every day, and the Samsung software lacks those features, but just seems to give me more things to play with.

In the end I need my phone to be a phone number 1, and the pixel just seems better at that for me.
This is right on!

I absolutely love my Fold 4, but if rumors of the Pixel Fold early next year are true, it will have everything I want....A foldable with pixel software, and a PIXEL camera!! Look out!!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I traded a Pixel 6a, i got for about $270 for a whooping $700 from Verizon. So I got a good deal on the 7Pro. I really like it so far, but still have the Samsung S22U and I still love that phone. I alternate my SIM, after 2 weeks still love both.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I traded a Pixel 6a, i got for about $270 for a whooping $700 from Verizon. So I got a good deal on the 7Pro. I really like it so far, but still have the Samsung S22U and I still love that phone. I alternate my SIM, after 2 weeks still love both.

Did you get the $700 trade in if you buy the phone out right?

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you get the $700 trade in if you buy the phone out right?

I asked VZ customer service that same question, it's in the fine print. The trade-in amount is only as a credit over 36mnths. You won't get the credit on out-right purchase.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I asked VZ customer service that same question, it's in the fine print. The trade-in amount is only as a credit over 36mnths. You won't get the credit on out-right purchase.

Seems carriers are now stretching those 24 month credits out to 36 months. Works for those who keep their phone that long, but not for me.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems carriers are now stretching those 24 month credits out to 36 months. Works for those who keep their phone that long, but not for me.

That's how they budget it. If you were to trade in to upgrade or change carriers say a year later, you've lost $466 of that credit.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
That's how they budget it. If you were to trade in to upgrade or change carriers say a year later, you've lost $466 of that credit.

Yeah, this is why I am always hesitant to take advantage of those deals. But again, if you are happy with your carrier and you keep your phones for 3+ years, makes sense. For me, those deals are also less attractive because I'm on a ridiculously cheap T-Mobile prepaid plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci