Texts getting hung up and dialer not working.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Since Ive gotten this phone I dont know whats going on but Ive had so many texts "fail to send" and phone calls that I cant even dial, they just "time out" and hang up.

This is really weird and really annoying. Is this happening to anyone else?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like your cell connection is not working what carrier are you on? Also try turning on airplane mode on and off see if the helps.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, the texts not sending has been happening again for the past few days. This is even with an update to the app. Its the same couple people too, not everyone. I wonder why that is.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Well, the texts not sending has been happening again for the past few days. This is even with an update to the app. Its the same couple people too, not everyone. I wonder why that is.

It's most likely bad cell reception on your end or on their end. When it says failed to send try clicking on the text that you tried to send and it should give you an option to send as SMS.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's most likely bad cell reception on your end or on their end. When it says failed to send try clicking on the text that you tried to send and it should give you an option to send as SMS.
It's usually to people who have an iphone, so it's always being sent as an sms. One of the people is across the room at work. We both have excellent reception. It just keeps saying failed to send. The only way I got it to work was deleting cache then rebooting again.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Try this. Open up your dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#* a menu should come up. Click on phone information. Then scroll to the bottom where it says smsc. There should be 2 buttons that say update and refresh. Click the refresh button and then click update.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Try this. Open up your dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#* a menu should come up. Click on phone information. Then scroll to the bottom where it says smsc. There should be 2 buttons that say update and refresh. Click the refresh button and then click update.
My dialer is working fine, it's my messenger that's acting funky.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I know. You only use the dialer to enter the short code to open the menu so you can refresh the smsc number which is what handles your messaging.
Wow that was cool. Thanks for showing that to me(and everyone else reading this thread).

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Wow that was cool. Thanks for showing that to me(and everyone else reading this thread).

Also when youre sending a message be mindful of the 160 character limit for sending an SMS message. I would leave out special characters and emojis as that can shorten the character limit. If you surpass the character limit then it tries to send the message split up into multiple messages and that could be what is causing the issue maybe. Not positive though

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Also when youre sending a message be mindful of the 160 character limit for sending an SMS message. I would leave out special characters and emojis as that can shorten the character limit. If you surpass the character limit then it tries to send the message split up into multiple messages and that could be what is causing the issue maybe. Not positive though
You will laugh but it's literally a one word text to a coworker. That's what is getting hung up. One word....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt