Texts getting hung up and dialer not working.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
You will laugh but it's literally a one word text to a coworker. That's what is getting hung up. One word....

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Lol alright nevermind then. It could just be android to iphone problems that happen sometimes. Iphone refuses to integrate rcs messaging which android uses now which would help solve those problems

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My dialer is working fine, it's my messenger that's acting funky.

Do you have RCS Chat Features turned on? If so, try turning them off temporarily and see if that helps. RCS can still be a little funky sometimes. It's supposed to fall back to SMS if it can't send via RCS, but that doesn't always work.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So has this been figured out with the texting? Sadly I noticed this last month when I first tried to txt my boss and another peer at work . Think both of them have I phones. Tried to txt both my Sisters and Mom this morning and get this same message. Also they all have Iphones. Funny think is I can txt all of them individually with no issues .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-114837~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113-114837~2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 22

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
However, I just realized that since I did the dialer update/refresh thing, I can't get any phone calls. Everyone goes right to voicemail. I have no idea how to fix this.

How did u do dialer update/refresh?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A few posts above the code was shown.

Something had to change with the code , if you already reboot the device then try clearing data and then force stop the dialer app see if it correct the code u change

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Something had to change with the code , if you already reboot the device then try clearing data and then force stop the dialer app see if it correct the code u change
Ok I just left the beta for the dialer too and now I can get calls again. I'm not doing well with betas lately. Hope this isn't a sign.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Aaaand my texts are getting hung up again. This is severely frustrating. Clearly it wasn't the betas I was on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Reviewing this thread, it sounds like you haven't tried the Reset Network Settings option yet, nor turning off RCS Chat temporarily. It's still worth trying those.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Reviewing this thread, it sounds like you haven't tried the Reset Network Settings option yet, nor turning off RCS Chat temporarily. It's still worth trying those.
What's the reset network settings? What would turning off RCS have to do with texts in SMS getting hung up with iPhone users?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Settings>System>Reset Options menu, select Reset Wi-fi, Mobile, & Bluetooth. You can read a bit more about it here: https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-reset-network-settings-ios-and-android/. There are very minor hassles with re-pairing Bluetooth devices and reconnecting with wi-fi networks, but it might help if there's something glitchy with your mobile connection.

RCS is still occasionally glitchy for some users, with reports of text messages not being sent, often to iPhone users (since iPhones don't use RCS). It's supposed to fall back on SMS, but for some reason, that doesn't happen. Turning off RCS chat temporarily (as a troubleshooting step) might help you figure out if that's the issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the reset network settings? What would turning off RCS have to do with texts in SMS getting hung up with iPhone users?

If its only iPhone users open that message then tap 3 dots choose details and turn toggle on only sms and mms see if that helps that way you dont have to turn chats completely off can do this for any person individually

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If its only iPhone users open that message then tap 3 dots choose details and turn toggle on only sms and mms see if that helps that way you dont have to turn chats completely off can do this for any person individually
I just reset chats/RCS and both the texts being hung up flew through. Gotta love technology.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair