Pixel 7 vs 7 pro

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For me, the pro is too big. I really wish they'd put the zoom lens in regular 7. Macro would be nice too. It would be nice to be able to get those features without having to buy the bigger phone (even if I had to pay a bit more).

I feel the exact same way. I got to hold phones in the hand yesterday and as much as I want the Pro, I don't know if I'll be able to wield it.

Rick Dangerous

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2XL but I think this go around i'm going to get the Standard 7 when it goes on sale around the holidays. Seems to be a better bang for the buck with a borderline mid-range price point, almost half of what you pay for a tricked out (huge memory) Pro model.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2XL but I think this go around i'm going to get the Standard 7 when it goes on sale around the holidays. Seems to be a better bang for the buck with a borderline mid-range price point, almost half of what you pay for a tricked out (huge memory) Pro model.

That's a pretty good strategy!

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Google is giving me $620 trade in for my S22+. after taxes I'm only paying $147. Regular 7 here I come

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I'd have to pay it off first then trade it in. Or sell it and buy the Pixel.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Kinda what I figured. I mean I get that being the rule because technically it's not owned BUT ... it's your credit, not like Samsung is going to start sending Google your bill cuz you traded in your phone Someone wants to pay for a phone they no longer have so be it LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5 Gangsta Alpha Omega Supreme

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Guessing you can't trade in a phone while still owing on it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5 Gangsta Alpha Omega Supreme

I still owed $400 on my P6 when I traded it in at Best Buy for my P7P. I figured that I would have to then pay that $400 off at Verizon ... but NO! They will let me keep on making the regular payments, with NO interest, until it's paid off. So, that's what I'm gonna do!

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah T-Mobile does that as well. I don't think they care as long as it's not black listed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I still owed $400 on my P6 when I traded it in at Best Buy for my P7P. I figured that I would have to then pay that $400 off at Verizon ... but NO! They will let me keep on making the regular payments, with NO interest, until it's paid off. So, that's what I'm gonna do!
Interesting. Maybe you only have to pay it off if you're selling it to another person who's going to activate it. I financed my phone through Samsung, and I was under the impression that I would have to off my phone before trading it in somewhere else. I know I could trade it in to Samsung and finance another one through Samsung without having to pay it off first, but I'm not sure if I'm financing one from somewhere else if I have to.

It still doesn't make financial sense for me to lose around $200 on it, even if I were interested in getting a Pixel 7. I'm going to wait until the S23 is released to decide what to do. Until then, I'm going to pay a little extra each month to pay it down more. We have some money coming in soon, so I'm probably going to pay off my Tab S8.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. Maybe you only have to pay it off if you're selling it to another person who's going to activate it. I financed my phone through Samsung, and I was under the impression that I would have to off my phone before trading it in somewhere else. I know I could trade it in to Samsung and finance another one through Samsung without having to pay it off first, but I'm not sure if I'm financing one from somewhere else if I have to.

It still doesn't make financial sense for me to lose around $200 on it, even if I were interested in getting a Pixel 7. I'm going to wait until the S23 is released to decide what to do. Until then, I'm going to pay a little extra each month to pay it down more. We have some money coming in soon, so I'm probably going to pay off my Tab S8.

I have a Samsung and a Pixel and have had a version of both for a few years. I've never paid them off before trading in on the next model.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I just checked Verizon and they will give me $700 to trade in my S22+ for a Pixel 7 Pro. I just reached out to Samsung Financing to see what my options are. If I have to pay it off before trading it in to Verizon.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy is only offering $420 and Google is offering $620. While Verizon is offering $700. But if I buy through Verizon, I'm pretty much stuck with the phone for a while until I can upgrade. I do know if I ever want to buy a phone from somewhere else, I would have to pay off the phone financed through Verizon.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, when I try to apply for financing through Synchrony bank, I get denied. Even though I have over $1000 available credit in my account. I previously had the P4XL. I made sure all my information was correct on my account and when I applied. Not sure what is happening.