Pixel 7 vs 7 pro

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have decided on the new pixel need some feedback on which one to buy. The 7 with 2 year perfered care and a 30 watt charger I make 15 dollars. The 7 pro with no perfered care or charger will cost me 105 with my trade in.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Last year I went with the a pixel 6 instead of the pro. This year I picked up the 7 Pro. For the $105 I would get the better phone. Plus if you look to sell the pro in the future you'll get more money from the 7 pro.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Is there that much of a difference between the two?

Pros of the Pro model:
Macro mode on camera, dedicated (and amazing) telephoto lens, wider wide angle lens...
mmWave included (not on 7 unless you pay extra for the VZ/AT&T model)
Larger, slightly brighter display at Quad HD+ vs FHD and 120hz vs 90hz (not a huge difference, but nice)
12GB RAM (vs 8GB)

Curved edge can be a pro or con, depending on perspective. I like the look with the curve, now that it's not as much as the P6 Pro, but screen protectors can be annoying.

Personally I'd rather have had the "smaller" model if it didn't forego the camera differences - the Pro is definitely a beast to wield - but those differences really make for a much more versatile camera system.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Is there that much of a difference between the two?

I have kids and tele photo camera is important to me to capture them while playing. Also since both the phones have similar weight, it doesn't benefit much and I am losing screen real estate.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
For me, the pro is too big. I really wish they'd put the zoom lens in regular 7. Macro would be nice too. It would be nice to be able to get those features without having to buy the bigger phone (even if I had to pay a bit more).

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
For me, the pro is too big. I really wish they'd put the zoom lens in regular 7. Macro would be nice too. It would be nice to be able to get those features without having to buy the bigger phone (even if I had to pay a bit more).
I feel the same but everyone is pointing me to the pro so far.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I feel the same but everyone is pointing me to the pro so far.

I'd probably be more tempted to put up with the size if the digital zoom on the smaller version wasn't so good (even if not at all comparable to the Pro)

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Switched from P4XL to P7P. I thought P7P would be a good in hand feel since the dimension of the phone is only slightly bigger (0.1 inch taller and .05 inch wider compared to 4XL). But honestly I think the screen might be too big for my hand - I feel like I'm constantly reaching on this phone with one hand, and never felt that on the 4XL - could still just be the adjustment of getting used to it, but I saw a regular 7 in store over the weekend and the size is really nice and manageable.
Separately, the battery life in P7P after 2 weeks is....fine... Definitely better than 4XL, but not SO much better. Seeing pretty consistent reports that regular 7 is getting more battery mileage.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site

I just picked up the P7P ... my former phone was the P6. There is VERY little difference in the size or weight. I'm a small female with arthritic hands and am very comfortable with it. I do have a Spigen ring on the back of the case which makes for easier handling of the phone.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I took my s22 ultra into best buy and side by side the screen on my ultra is so much better than the pixel is. I really wanted the pixel but can't give up screen I have even if Google is giving me 850 for my ultra.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the P7P ... my former phone was the P6. There is VERY little difference in the size or weight. I'm a small female with arthritic hands and am very comfortable with it. I do have a Spigen ring on the back of the case which makes for easier handling of the phone.

For me it's more about how it fits in my pocket, and the 6 is already maxing out the comfort level. Plus, as much as I'd like to have them, I'm not sure the zoom and macro is worth the extra $300 for me.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
For me it's more about how it fits in my pocket, and the 6 is already maxing out the comfort level. Plus, as much as I'd like to have them, I'm not sure the zoom and macro is worth the extra $300 for me.

Gotcha! Today's phones are really hard to fit in pockets ... most of them don't fit in the designated "phone pockets" on pants, OR cargo pockets. I haven't tried out my phone pockets with the 7P7 yet ... the P6 was almost too big on some, and too big already with others. Don't know what I'm gonna do!!

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site

I opted for the 7 strictly due to size. The 7 is as big as I'm willing to go.
Although I would love the additional features of the Pro and wouldn't mind paying the premium but size is the priority is for me

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I took my s22 ultra into best buy and side by side the screen on my ultra is so much better than the pixel is. I really wanted the pixel but can't give up screen I have even if Google is giving me 850 for my ultra.

Wonder whether the pixel screen wasn't turned up to full brightness... I feel its one of the best out there now, very natural, not overblown...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app