My Pixel has been freezing up lately

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Bad Pixel, bad.

I did not think of clearing the cache. I'll have to look up how to boot into that mode. Haven't done it in ages.

I am going to switch to the Pixel launcher as a baseline. Really not a fan but I've never used it for more than a day. If all is good next week, I'll go to Nova.

Another weird behavior has developed as well. When I swipe up from the bottom to go back home, the window swipes up normally and then flashes a full view of what I just swiped away before going to the home screen. Will see if this goes away too.

Let the experiment begin!
Pixels don't have cache clean like Samsung in recovery

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I switched over to the Pixel launcher and... wow! It's so zippy and the transitions are quick and smooth (I have them at 0.5x). The flashing of the current window in transitions is gone. I don't like that all of my Action Launcher (or Nova) features are missing but I am impressed. As I think I said, I have never given the Pixel launcher a chance until now. I may end up back at Action or Nova, we'll see.

Giving it a week to see if it freezes up again even on the Pixel launcher.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I switched over to the Pixel launcher and... wow! It's so zippy and the transitions are quick and smooth (I have them at 0.5x). The flashing of the current window in transitions is gone. I don't like that all of my Action Launcher (or Nova) features are missing but I am impressed. As I think I said, I have never given the Pixel launcher a chance until now. I may end up back at Action or Nova, we'll see.

Giving it a week to see if it freezes up again even on the Pixel launcher.

Keep us posted on what happens!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted on what happens!

Going on six days now. Still using Pixel launcher. No freeze-ups. No flashing screen transitions. Still getting that really smooth experience. Going to stick with it for now.

I am trying to adapt to not having certain other launcher features. A lot of it is just recalibrating muscle memory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar